Good deal alert...

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by Deadletteroffice, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Deadletteroffice

Deadletteroffice Senior Member

I saw these at the Guitar Center in Sherman Oaks, CA yesterday.

Gloss R7 and a VOS R8. Brand new. I could have looked closer for more details but I was on a mission. The R7 was a 14 to the best of my memory. Don't recall on the R8.

[​IMG]

RAG7890 and FennRx like this.
  2. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

Impossible. I was just assured it wasn't a buyers market

jamman, XpensiveWino and RAG7890 like this.
  3. alnico59

alnico59 Premium Member

Those deals don't qualify for the hype of the current buyers market. I paid less in 2014.

4. Tim Plains

Tim Plains Senior Member

Good prices for GC but those aren't exactly deals.

5. FennRx

FennRx Senior Member

I paid less in 2008. So what?

2013+ newer specs, 20% off sticker standard discount for paying in cash.

You see a lot of 2014 R8s for sale for $2560?

6. alnico59

alnico59 Premium Member

No I don't. Actually I don't see anything worth buying in that price range. At least for my taste. I did see some motivated sellers last summer. Lately not so much. I already have an R8, R7 so not really looking at those. Maybe the right R8 with a nice flame. More so I'd like to replace the '13 R9 I sold back in January 2016. Every R9 I see that I would consider buying has a killer top and an asking price of $4,500 - $5,000+.

Btw, those guitars pictured don't motivate me. Especially that R8. The GT looks decent but that's the absolute last model I would be looking at.

7. grayd8

grayd8 Senior Member

Prices have gone up so much in the past few years I could sell my 2014 R8 and make an easy $500.

8. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Silver Supporter Premium Member

I don't see the great deal(s).!

frozenotter likes this.
  9. Frozen Rat

Frozen Rat Member

That '57 is a really good deal in my opinion, most especially for being a 2014. The R8, meh, I paid $3400 for my 2014 model recently as NOS from a major dealer. I'm not sure what those who are saying these are not good deals are seeing out in the market I'm missing. I've never seen a new R7 or R8 marked down to $3199, not for a really long time. This is probably another example of Gibson trying to thin out inventory and maybe it's an augury of a trend we may be seeing more of for months to come. I'm excited, I still need a 57 and a 59 to fill out my ranks.

10. alnico59

alnico59 Premium Member

Not Gibson, they were already paid for those guitars. It's the dealer who's slashing, in this case GC. Knowing GC those guitars were probably moved around from store to store like unadoptable shelter dogs.

mudface likes this.
  11. mudface

mudface Senior Member

I was almost tempted with the GT, but the switch tip and pickguard screw is missing,....................take another $400 off:D

12. mudface

mudface Senior Member

Yes,....or even worse they lost their case or the COA and case candy..........

13. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

GC you say? That price includes a black Gibson USA case and the COA to a guitar they sold a month before

14. jamman

jamman Premium Member

I want a killer topped guitar Free , you pay shipping .. .What the problem ???, I'm helping you out , getting it off you hands ....Think of it as I'm doing you a favor ,if you need to ....

Geez ,,, Some people think a great topped LP is worth something/More ....

:hyper:

mudface likes this.
  15. freebyrd 69

freebyrd 69 Silver Supporter Premium Member

I will agree that the R7 is a good deal FOR A DEALER selling it, however there have been some 13 and 14 R7's on here very recently for under $2900. I could and SHOULD have snagged a 14 here for $2500. I just didn't have the funds. R7.

16. Deadletteroffice

Deadletteroffice Senior Member

Well those are pretty good prices for brand new guitars. Some people prefer to buy new, and also for some who can't afford to pay that much in cash, they have been running really good financing. 36 and 48 months no interest. So for some people it may be a chance to get a nice guitar for a monthly payment they can absorb.

I said "good deals". I didn't say anyone was giving away free guitars. I think these fairly qualify as good deals.

17. Frozen Rat

Frozen Rat Member

I'm not so sure you're right here, I mean you could be, but I've heard different. A salesman at the shop where I buy a lot of my Gibson gear (not GC) was talking to me once about how things work and I recall him saying something about buybacks and reductions of inventory incentives, or something like that. The gist being that through some kind of math, even though the shop has bought the guitar(s) at x%, Gibson will drop that percentage for certain models at certain times. How this all works is beyond me but it results in incentives for GC and others to sell certain guitars at a reduced price due to financial incentives directly from Gibson. Take this for what it's worth as being third-party information.

18. alnico59

alnico59 Premium Member

Could be. I've heard that GC and Gibson do have some kind of full-proof deal going on. It's just that GC has a 30 day no hassle return policy which could muddy the waters up a bit. I have read, I believe on here, that when a guitar leaves Gibson, for all intents and purposes Gibson is paid and can't lose. Or something like that. But that was third-party information too...?

19. asapmaz

asapmaz Senior Member

Well, I would say those are pretty good deals for brand new reissues.
    I think the kicker is GC's 48 month 0% interest on all their Gibsons that's making those deals even sweeter.

20. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

So, the $3999 LP is a '59?

Don't forget, add sales tax to those numbers.

:sadwave: