Golden age parsons street humbuckers

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by CHUNKYNECK, Sep 14, 2011.

1. CHUNKYNECK

CHUNKYNECK Senior Member

Anybody tried them? Good option for tight budget upgrade on a 08 epi lp? :hmm:

2. CHUNKYNECK

CHUNKYNECK Senior Member

Just joined yesterday and just spotted the pups section 5 mins ago. Probably more appropriate over there. Now if i can just work out how to delete this post lol.

3. SJM

SJM Premium V.I.P. Member Premium Member V.I.P. Member

They are good pups IMO. I have put a set in one of my LP's along with a 50's style wiring upgrade. The result was a new guitar. They have a true PAF sound. I would compare them to Burstbucker 1's and 2's. I used the A5 magnets in mine but I think if I ever buy another set, I'll use A2's. I haven't seen a bad review on them. :)

4. CHUNKYNECK

CHUNKYNECK Senior Member

Cheers, im considering a mixed pair of a2 bridge a5 neck. The price is about right at around $100. Never had waxless before but think ill go for it!

5. groovedoggie1

groovedoggie1 Senior Member

Really good pickups! I have an A2 in the neck and A5 in the bridge (I know most people choose the other way around). I like them a lot - a very well-made pickup. Thinking about removing the covers just to show off the double cream bobbins!

6. milehigh331

milehigh331 Member

Was looking at getting these but when I called they are not available in 4 wire for coil splitting..I have a 50's wiring kit on the way with some push/pull pots so I'll have to find another option.

7. sonofthesouth

sonofthesouth Senior Member

I have A2's unpoted very close to a PAF tone well worth the money. I have them in my Ultra rewired ,pots,all that stuff with 50's wiring. Very good a poor mans PAF.

8. RavenMadd

RavenMadd Senior Member

damn I's gettin pickup GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. drpietrzak

drpietrzak Senior Member

Another inexpensive option is the Dimz. 36th Ann. pickups.

10. CHUNKYNECK

CHUNKYNECK Senior Member

Well thats done it, ordering today. Been reading whatever i could find abouth them on google searches and as SJM said i couldnt find a bad thing said about them. The demo on the stew mac site doesnt show em off nearly enough to make an informed decision. Thanks for the confirmation guys.

11. WahChickaWahWah

WahChickaWahWah Senior Member

Gotta love Stew Mac. My buddy stuck a couple in SX beater just out of curiosity, and they sounded surprisingly good for the price (and given the guitar).

12. SJM

Stewmac is selling CTS pots now too and an assortment of knobs that fit. :)

13. CHUNKYNECK

CHUNKYNECK Senior Member

Nice, i only recently (couple weeks ago) stumbled upon theyre site and ordered a alloy gotoh stoptail and tuno bridge, i recieved a catologue with the delivery. Ordered parsons street pickups yesterday. They seem to have good prices and i couldnt find any cheaper for the few things ive purchased.

14. SJM

I hope you like them, they sure made a difference in tone for me. The neck pup especially just sounds so much like a PAF. It's very much like the Gibby 57 classic in the neck on my Epi GT. It has a little more bite to it which it should from the unevenly wound coils. Be sure and post a report. :fingersx:

15. skynyrd67

skynyrd67 Senior Member

16. CHUNKYNECK

CHUNKYNECK Senior Member

Cheers skynyrd, i did have a look at the gfs pro stuff. They seem very similar to the parsons on paper. Think gfs is about 30 bucks a pair cheaper but the "parsons street" tag got the better of me. Moneys spent now and fingers crossed it went in the right direction. Will post my opinion of them when theyre in.

17. SJM

+1. I love to experiment and I bought one of these to try out. I got an A2 bridge in Zebra. Put it in the same guitar that has the Parson's St. pups to test it out. It's different but just as good. I'm ordering the neck A2 and I'll keep them for a project guitar. I bought the premium for only 5 bucks more. Well worth the money. :)

CHUNKYNECK likes this.
  18. nextlespaulhero

nextlespaulhero Banned

You should get GFS professional Series,they are really good

GFS Professional Series- OUR BEST!

CHUNKYNECK likes this.
  19. MRW1960

MRW1960 Senior Member

I have the AL 5 at Neck, & AL 2 at Bridge.With the BCS 50's wiring harness installed, a DIFFERENT guitar totally. Trust me.

1 person likes this.