GODIN!!!!!!! Why no love? NEW official GODIN thread!!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by needlespauls, Apr 30, 2009.

1. needlespauls

needlespauls V.I.P. Member

WOW these guitars are GREAT!!!! Well what would I truly know as I"ve never actually seen/played/touched one in person. BUT, from all the reviews, sound clips, pictures, specs, and Godin's HONEST spec and construction methods and materials, whats not to love???? All woods and parts from CANADA (not MIC/MIK), and built in NEW HAMPSHIRE USA!!!!!! WOW!!! Godin offers many guitars. Solid body, semi-hollow, jazz-box acoustics, SYNTH!!, acoustics, etc.
    GREAT woods are used, EXACT attention to detail with regards to neck, frets, profile, and neck pocket (tight fit!!!!).
    *Now I realise that a lot of their guitars look subjectively "funny", and that the say "Godin" and not "Gibson" (close though lol!).
    But its time to get over that bullshit, and buy a guitar for how good it sounds and plays, and how well its built and what its made from.
    So, yes, I personally have Godin Gas, and I think that I NEED one, or two, or maybe three by the time I'm done. I'll start on their low price side and if I'm impressed enough, I'll try out some of the higher end higher equipped models.
    Ok, I've been looking at stripped down hot-rod rippin' rockers lately, preferably more 80's style, but now I'm not too sure. I think I want a bit more modern now, and simple as possible.
    So, enter the new Godin Redline 1.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 peice hard maple neck, rosewood board, silverleaf maple center, poplar wings, flame maple top, EMG 81 bridge pickup, string thru body hardtail bridge, volume knob. ROCK!!!! This thing looks killer, and I can get one in this color, trans red, trans green, or black for around $500!!!! I'm in!!!

Next is the Godin LG p90. I like the natural mahogany version myself, and yes, its listed as a honduran mahogany body, and one peice honduran mahogany neck. Top that off with a set of Seymour Duncan P90's and a string thru tom style bridge and DAMN!! Here's a great clip, from a great player probably thru a great amp lol. BUT, it shows its PRO worth!!!

[​IMG]
    heres one from Music Zoo with a real premium flame maple veneer
    [​IMG]
    new the lg p90 can be had from $600-$750

Ahh, the stealth but more complete FACEMELTER than the Redline 1, the LG EMG!!!
    mahogany body and neck, EMG 81/85 set. Under $800 new.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And finally, the high-end Godin Summit CT(carved top), from the "Signature" flagship series......
    1 peice mahogany neck, solid mahogany body, and SOLID carved and bound flamed maple top. Seymour D Alnico Pro II in the neck, 59' in the bridge. Has Godin's patented HDR or "High Definition Revoicer" button which lets you switch from passive to active essentially, for "more" sound/output/dymanics depending on the situation. Also, a 5-way switch for a multitude of tones.
    Heres a great clip.....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMN1o0XTGFI]YouTube - Summit CT - Mario Biferali[/ame]
    WOW! Awesome!!! Around $950 new.

So, today (even with my 4 year old daughter) I think I'm going to see if any stores near me carry Godin, and I'm going to check them out!!!
    This is now the official Godin Thread, so post your Godins, and anyone and everyone is welcome to post their thoughts, experiences, and opinions on Godin guitars whether good or bad!!!
    Lets go!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
    northernguitarguy likes this.
  2. zplapplap

zplapplap Senior Member

3. The_Sentry

The_Sentry Senior Member

*shrugs*

I dunno, man...they just don't do a lot for me looks-wise. What else can I really say here?

Zack and TKOjams like this.
  4. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Official Godin Owner's Club meeting photo:
    [​IMG]

chriseskew24 likes this.
  5. Jason

Jason Senior Member

And, of course:
    [​IMG]

entresz likes this.
  6. needlespauls

Lets get our hands on one!
    Jason, That guitar is stunning!!! I love the 5th Avenue!!!
    Dennis, you're an ass for that, but thats F'n hilarious all the same lol!

kevinpaul likes this.
  7. dennistruckdriver

I'm an ass for WAY more reasons than just that!
    Godin does make some nice guitars. I bought a Seagull S-20 once for a gift, that was GORGEOUS!!!!

8. Blues4U

Blues4U Senior Member

Godin does make some very nice guitars. I have seen many and played many. I have liked a couple of them and I have disliked as many. They are absolutely quality bilt guitars with quality parts.

The LG90 has a wide, very wide and very flat neck and fret board. I would own one if not for the fact that I don't like the feel of it. It's a nice piece, but not comfortable for me.

My local shop has a few and the strat style guitars are nice and play well.

The low end and moderate end stuff is priced right and I can't believe that more people don't play them.

I know where there are about 4 or 5 Godin's that could probably be had for a reasonable price. My local shop sells some every now and then but he has a few that have been there for a while.

9. Jason

Jason Senior Member

I really actually dig the looks of this one, and $360 for a guitar made in North America??? Are you kidding?!

[​IMG]
    Godin Radiator Guitar

Slappy2x and ChubbyD like this.
  10. Skynyrdpicker

Skynyrdpicker Senior Member

Somebody I play with very often has one of those, and it's a great player! I don't know how to describe those pups, but I'd put them at a P90ish kind of sound. Another close friend has the Godin LG with the buckers, and it's your standard single cutaway-humbucker guitar. Nothing fancy, but they're well built.

My acoustic guitar is a 1980 Lys handmade in Quebec in a workshop, by the same people that now manufacture Godin guitars. I honestly have no words to describe how amazing it sounds, but, without exaggeration, I've yet to play a better acoustic guitar. It's got dings, and marks, but the sound is pure, and beautiful. :thumb:

11. The_Sentry

The_Sentry Senior Member

I could seriously get into something liek that, Jason. That's nice....but most of the Godin's I see...well....they're those Lester copies with the funny shaped body...

12. Jason

Jason Senior Member

Nice. If that Radiator sounds like you describe, I'm sure I'd love it. I've also read a few reviews that say it sounds similar to a Tele. Sounds like I need to save up real quick!

The best acoustic I've ever played was handmade by a local luthier here... One notch below that was a Martin I played a few years back, but this local luthier's guitar totally blew it out of the water. I have never experienced a guitar that was fit together so precisely... The action was sooo low and somehow didn't buzz ANYWHERE. I've never found that on an electric and probably never will. The sound coming out of the thing was heavenly... unlike cheaper acoustics where I seem to hear weird overtones that don't quite jive with the main sound.

To be a bit more realistic, though, I'd like to pick up one of those 5th Aves. :laugh2:

13. needlespauls

Oh Jason...........
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqHOvX1o0DY]YouTube - Andreas Lidberg Lick 1[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCHub7Wy8Ig&feature=related]YouTube - Andreas Lidberg Lick 2[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jKKUTiZIrY&feature=related]YouTube - Andreas Lidberg lick 3[/ame]

14. needlespauls

Different finish Radiator, same player!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5E96obHdVY&feature=related]YouTube - Andreas Lidberg Lick 4[/ame]

15. needlespauls

5th Avenue!!!!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdvScADMqk]YouTube - Godin 5th Avenue demo Nightingale Sang Berkeley Sq/Classical Gas/Harmonized Blues Bass line[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBZJ4aLXgKM&feature=related]YouTube - There Will Never Be Another You[/ame]

entresz likes this.
  16. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

There's a video available, a factory tour, and they do appear to pay lots of attention to detail.

My problem is that I'm not really into that Charvel, strat-copy thing. I love a good sounding guitar, whatever the brand, but I've always been drawn to the Les Paul's look and feel, there's something about those things that just calls my name! lol

17. dennistruckdriver

So, there you have it: If a guitar of good to excellent quality can be built in North America, by North Americans, and sold for $360, then why are we paying ANY MORE THAN $200 for guitars of good to poor quality from Asia?:hmm:
    The guitars made by Godin are made using mostly, if not exclusively, Canadian and American parts and materials.

18. needlespauls

You guys listen to those clips??!!! Sweet!

19. Jason

Jason Senior Member

That also brings up the question, if Godin can build guitars here, sell them retail for under $400 and still make a profit, why can't any other North American companies do that?

chriseskew24 likes this.
  20. Jason

Jason Senior Member

Oh and yeah dude... that Radiator is right up my alley. That may very well be my next guitar...