Gibson Logo On Homemade Replicas

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by cdscarter, May 21, 2014.

1. andreww

andreww Senior Member

I think you are wrong about that. Paul recently bought a fake burst (just before the SuperBowl), but that is not the one in the book.

[​IMG]

# 9 1876

2. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

I have had several people(that know what they are doing and have no reason to lie) that know both Paul and knew Max a long time ago that said they know for a fact that the guitar in BOTB is in fact a Max.
    there are in fact 3 guitars in BOTB that are Max creations.

1 person likes this.
  3. andreww

andreww Senior Member

Well that would make Paul the dumbest person on earth for getting fooled again wouldn't it? It to the members here about 20 minutes to identify his latest acquisition as a Derrig, yet I've never heard anyone even suggest that 9 1876 is also a fake. Unless you care to point me to a link that discusses it?

Perhaps the story has been misunderstood? I know that Gibson did a really limited run of Paul Stanley BOTB guitars, aged by Tom Murphy. Maybe he was speaking of one of these not being a real burst?

1 person likes this.
  4. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

I used to have an article I printed out but can`t find it. In it Max himself said there were "several" in BOTB that were his but he would not identify.

1 person likes this.