Gibson Humbucker strings

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by sebmac, Aug 13, 2007.

1. sebmac

sebmac Junior Member

Hi!

been crawling these forums for a few weeks and finally decided to join this great community.

I finally bought a Les Paul after years of owning a cheap Samick Strat copy.

I have a question concerning Gibson strings.

Has anyone tried the Gibson Humbucker strings? They are a bit more expensive so I wonder if the extra is worth it. I'm looking for tone and versatility in my guitar so would these be a good buy?

Thanks!

Seb

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Senior Member

I use them on my three Gibsons. Sound great to me and seem to last a while.

3. JLH

JLH Senior Member

I used them for some time, several different Gibson strings, humbuckers, les pauls and a couple of others, I now use custom light GHS Boomers, I had a lot of incosistencies with the Gibson strings and it lead to tuning problems, fret buzz as well.
    The Boomer custom lights have a "slinky" feel, stay in tune and last as long, so try the GHS Boomers.
    They stay in tune much better, I use these on all three of my historics (r9's)and play/ gig every week end.

4. ReverendJWblues

ReverendJWblues MLP Chaplain V.I.P. Member

Strings are of a personal preference I myself use les paul signature 46-9 they work for me peoples hands are all different just find what works for u I cant keep ernie balls in tune.... DRs arent bad just whatever u like is the key. boomers are good too everyone has their own thing.

5. sebmac

sebmac Junior Member

All right, thanks guys. I'll try a few and make up my mind from there.
    :slash: