Gibson font - full alphabet

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Mayuiers, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Rickey

Rickey Junior Member

How much difference is there between the Gibson type face and the epiphone font. That in itself would require them to come up with a large bank of letters because you have to include les Paul and standard. And also all of the various add ones that went with Gibson and Epiphones guitar lines from back in the day. Just a thought, I could be dead wrong.

2. Norton

Norton Senior Member

No computer generated fonts "back in those days" but plenty of type set font styles. Books of 'em....piles of books.

It is a "logo". But it's not incredibly unique as far as design elements and fonts go. Not as stylized as....say the fender logos. Which is why the Gibson logo seems more like an italicized or back slanted existing font with an extended tail on the G.

I mean I could be totally off base. It's a great typeface...but that's what it's always looked like to me.

Either way. That capital J is still absurd.

3. jwade

jwade Junior Member

Any chance of still having the file sent? iamnotadamnrobot[at]gmail[dot]com

There's a yellow cedar seven string SG in the works :)

4. Perkeo

Perkeo Junior Member

Is there anyone in the thread who has received the high-res fonts and can forward them to me on perkeo123 at gmail dot com? Thanks a lot!!

5. tjjoiner

tjjoiner Junior Member

I'm restoring a vintage Gallan from the 70's. They pretty much copied the Gibson logo so would it be possible for me to get that font file? You can e-mail it to vvahoo206@yahoo.com.

6. loudlizard

loudlizard Junior Member