Gibson Firebird Forum?

Discussion in 'Other Gibsons' started by islandjimmy, Sep 22, 2017.

1. islandjimmy

islandjimmy Senior Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting into Gibson Firebirds and have questions about neck size through the years of production. Anyone know of a forum that talks about Firebirds or would this be the place?

Thanks!
    Jimmy

2. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

Right here in under the "other gibsons " section of the forum. But Firebirds from what I know have necks known to be on the slimmer side generally 60's profiles

3. islandjimmy

Yes, that's what I'm hearing that the necks are slim but I'm looking for a fat neck Firebird. I played one once at a Guitar Center, I don't know what model it was but it had the fattest neck I have ever played on any guitar. I currently have the Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Firebird I, It has a fat neck too but not as fat as the one I played at GC 3 years ago. I am looking for a Firebird in Classic White with a fat neck. My search begins here :) I can switch to the "other guitars" forum but I didn't see Gibson listed as a brand to discuss there.

4. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

5. islandjimmy

6. KS 5150

KS 5150 Senior Member

Yeah, my brother has a 2016 Firebird, and used to have a 2011, and they both had pretty skinny necks.

7. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Don't have specs -- my '76 had a fast neck: slim, but not skinny or whippy. Wonderful player. Too awkward to take anywhere (what a case!) and too prone to getting whacked, sad to say.

8. DeeCee

DeeCee Member

I have a 2006 Firebird VII and it has a slim neck. It could defo do with being fleshed out a bit. Played a friend's vintage '64 II and it has a nice, full neck profile, just the right amount.