Gibson ES Les Paul Custom twisted neck?

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by Brucesu, Jul 8, 2018.

Sell it off?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2018.
  1. Get rid of it!

28.6%
  2. Omg noooo it’s the best!! Keep it forever!

71.4%
  1. Brucesu

Brucesu Member

Ya, I’m not an advanced player either, so I don’t really know what’s normal on a guitar. I still hear a little choking on my big bends, but somehow the new strings and top wrap made the playability on my guitar feeling good.

The guitar feels so good to play now I’m excited to actually take it out and go crazy! Now I want all my guitars to have the same setup.

I’ll get this guitar looked at later this month and I’ll post another update just to have an end to the story. But as of right now, I wouldn't want to spend 175-200 bucks to get my guitar "fixed."

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. JeffH66

JeffH66 Pelham Blue Addict Premium Member

I love the way a top wrapped guitar feels. I like the slinky nature of the strings and the way bends feel softer. It helps me with my vibrato... which needs help believe me LOL.

Good luck with your guitar and I hope it turns out to be nothing major.

Cheers

Brucesu likes this.
  3. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

I had a twisted neck that was fixed by a fret level, but a year later the neck was twisted more and the guitar was FUBAR.

Brucesu likes this.
  4. Brucesu

Brucesu Member

Did you get the guitar new? That sucks :eek: what did you do with the guitar?

Mine is from 2015, so would it begin twisting as soon as it left Memphis?
    Or would it just twist as soon as it touched my dirty hands :eek::(

5. ToneasaurusRex

ToneasaurusRex Silver Supporter

Shut. Up. Shut up right now.

Damn it, there are already too many guitars on the GAS list! I do NOT need to lust after another one I can't afford! Grr

:acoustic:

(Hey Google . . . )

Peace

Rex

Brucesu and endial like this.
  6. Brucesu

Brucesu Member

So I was going to sell off my ES Les paul, but after putting the new strings on it feels like a completely different guitar. I want all my guitars now to feel like the ES now. Low action and no buzzing!

I think having a good feeling setup helps fight off GAS.

If you are lusting after a Collings I would highly recommend it! The sustain on my 290 is unlike any instrument I’ve ever played.

If you can find a used one they usually go for 1800-2200. I have no idea why anyone would sell off a Collings.

The one I have changed hands like 3 times before I got it. I had eyed it from the first owner, but I couldn’t afford it every time it went up for sale. Then one night it popped on reverb and I had a heart attack. I instantly bought it and started to sell off other guitars.

Seafoam green madness!

ToneasaurusRex likes this.
  7. gnappi

gnappi Senior Member

Oh my, that means I (and all of the players in Florida) should throw all of my gits in the dumpster straightaway? Close Sam Ash, Guitar center, all the other guitar stores and burn the empty stores to the ground?

Your "tech" is an ass.

mdubya and Brucesu like this.
  8. Brucesu

Brucesu Member

Just want to give an update. I took my guitar to Atomic Guitar Works in Arizona, and they said my guitar did not have a neck twist. He told me if he was buying this guitar it would be totally fine. The only thing he suggested I do is a fret level. I'll go back and get the work done later because the guitar plays fine for my needs.

Thank you guys for the input and advice. I'm relieved this guitar doesn't have any serious issues.

:acoustic::fingersx::run::io:

9. Cjsinla

Cjsinla Senior Member

If it plays as good as you say, I would not touch the frets. IMO, it’s probably BS that the frets need leveling.

Brucesu likes this.