Gibson Blueshawk? Looking for some opinions

Discussion in 'Other Gibsons' started by Paul Les Paul, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Paul Les Paul

Paul Les Paul Junior Member

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to purchase a Gibson Blueshawk, '04 I believe, and wondering if anyone has played one of these and knows what price is fair if I deem it worth buying. I'm looking at about 800 on it but really can't find any great information to help me out before I go in blind. Don't know if there's a deluxe and a regular model as well. Thanks

2. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

I have played one. Fender scale on a Gibson?

Hated it.

But that’s just me, lol.

3. Paul Les Paul

Unfortunately I can't see the blue book value without paying for it, so I appreciate the link for some general info but as to pricing, not so useful. And Victor, wondering what you thought of the pickups?

4. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

look through reverb/ebay listings..I saw 2 listed on reverb for about $1,100. Going by that $800 don't seem to bad.

Thumpalumpacus likes this.
  5. Paul Les Paul

Thanks, the ebay info is probably the closest thing to a market value I suppose I'll get on it. I feel like Reverb just tells me what I should expect to pay in a retail store used. Good idea though I checked ebay and the best price was in that range so worth the risk if I like it. Thanks again chasenblues

6. BadPenguin

BadPenguin Senior Member

Probably a day late and a dollar short here, but if it helps, I purchased my 97 Blueshawk for 600. Great shape, with gig bag.

drpietrzak likes this.
  7. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Prices are all over the place on those, but seem to center around $1K for a clean one. I see really low prices now and then, and for Nighthawks, too. I don't know why these guitars aren't more popular (despite the Fender scale, which is not my preference at all) as they're good instruments, IMO. I actually like the Nighthawk more, but both are, IMO, a hell of a lot nicer than many more expensive guitars. Good luck.

8. drpietrzak

drpietrzak Senior Member

I had a Blueshawk and really liked it. It was a great single coil tone guitar. Unique voice. I just am a bucker guy I guess.