Gibson 490T & 490R pu's with Alnico V's

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by jonesy, Jan 28, 2010.

1. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU

These came stock in my SG when I got it and originally had the Alnico II magnets in them and I changed them out to some roughcast Alnico V's for a little more punch and responsiveness for Rock and Blues.

They have long braided leads and the neck reads 7.73K and 1 15/16" spacing the bridge reads 7.98K and is 2 1 1/6" pole spacing. They both work perfect no issues. The Bobbins do have some string wear on the upper edges and were like that when I got the guitar. They are both marked Gibson USA on the base-plate. I made some recordings with these 490's and they sounded great in my SG. MP3 Sound clips at Tonemojo.com on the home page

I just installed some 4 conductor Seymour Duncan pu's in my SG along with a 21 Tone Jimmy Page rig in "Alice" so I guess I won't be needing these 490's anymore and thought I would offer them up here. I am including 4 screws but no springs. I am also including the Original A II roughcast magnets. Both pu's with extra magnets for $75 Shipped Worldwide

I also have a set of the nice chrome covers that are like new, you can have those for an extra $10, if you want them. If not that's ok I will keep the covers. So $85 Shipped with covers, you put them on. PM me or Paypal/email to jonesyblues@yahoo.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dix

dix Senior Member

How much for just one?

3. jonesy

Which one did you want bro neck or bridge the poles are spaced differently? I may consider splitting them and do one for $40 Shipped add another $5 if you want a cover? I guess I could keep the other one for a future project.

4. jonesy

Bump...

5. Sinster

Sinster Senior Member

You got a message

6. jonesy

These are both SOLD to Sinster pending payment.

Thanks, jonesy