Get well Lindsey Buckingham

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by mtgguitar, Feb 8, 2019.

1. mtgguitar

mtgguitar Senior Member

2. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

Hope he is feeling better soon.

SteveGangi, Skit, KP11520 and 2 others like this.
  3. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

Oh well.
    Get well soon.

SteveGangi, KP11520 and redjunior like this.
  4. Roberteaux

Roberteaux V.I.P. Member

Amazing, to consider that the man is 69 years old...

Back in '75, when Buckingham and Nicks became part of the Fleetwood Mac lineup and the group began touring to support their first album together, their third show took place at the Landmark Theater in Syracuse, New York.

I was on hand for that one. I expected to be seeing Bob Welch and so was briefly surprised to find a guitarist up there who was definitely *not* Bob Welch. And hey: who's the new blonde cutie-pie?

Once they got going, though, I forgot all about Bob Welch. Lindsey Buckingham was absolutely on fire that night, and this all took place well before Stevie Nicks gave up singing prettily in favor bleating a song as she did in her solo career.

And I always loved Christine McVie anyway. That dusky, breathless alto of hers was always appealing to me, whether she was singing blues or the pop songs she did with the final incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

So yeah: that was one of the more memorable concerts I've attended when it came to the sound of the group and its performance. And the extremely charming ambience of the theater didn't hurt one little bit either...

I was 17, and Lindsey was only 25 when that concert took place. And now I'm 60 and he's 69? :shock:

Well, shit... that didn't take as long to happen as I would have expected! :laugh2:

I hope the man gets well soon. I'm not particularly looking forward to more recordings from the guy, but it's a drag about his vocal chords anyway.

--R

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Chilli, DLRG, Bobby Mahogany and 10 others like this.
  5. Subterfuge

Subterfuge Senior Member

maybe it's Gods way of saying .... Perhaps take all you vast fortune and retire ? Good Luck

THDNUT, redjunior and Rds like this.
  6. dennis g

dennis g Senior Member

Regardless of what else you may think, he's one hell of a guitar player. Get well soon

7. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Outstanding talent. I hope he recovers quickly.

8. redjunior

redjunior Ooooh, the colors.... Premium Member

Wrong incarnation of Fleetwood Mac... That was Peter Green...
    Get Well, Lindsay..

dissaffected and KP11520 like this.
  9. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Looks like some wicked bruising or something along the side of his neck opposite his wife. I was not as big of a fan of the pop monster that was FM then as I am now. Those songs really had staying power. They dominated Top 40 of their day so it was easy to tire of them or take them for granted but I really like their subtle stylings now. Always loved that song called Dreams with all those steel guitar sounding licks. Injuries such as these are so devastating for musicians especially. One of the best guitar players I ever played around had a stroke about ten years back in his early 50s I would guess and just lost the ability to play after a lifetime of obsessive devotion to it. Fate can be cruel.

10. NorlinBlackBeauty

NorlinBlackBeauty Senior Member

I wish him the best. :) Saw him live in 1978 with Fleetwood Mac of course.

SteveGangi and KP11520 like this.
  11. parts

parts Senior Member

All the best for him..hope he recovers well

KP11520 likes this.
  12. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

LB is a one of a kind guitarist and his influence took FM in a direction that made them a LOT of money and more fans they ever would have had without him. Unfortunately, his relationship with Stevie splashed on everybody as she was quite the needy in all ways imagined. None good either.

I wrote back and forth with Bob Welch a couple of times a year or two before he left us. It turns out Lindsay was the one that made Sentimental Journey the masterpiece it was. Christine Perfect added her lush voice as well. He did all the guitar work and so much more. He did a lot of production that made others successful as well.

My best to him and his family. I hope his family offers him the sanctuary he deserves. The opposite of what Fleetwood Mac did.

Get well LB!

Roberteaux, lancpudn and redjunior like this.
  13. SGeoff

SGeoff Senior Member

was it Carl? if not, then it happens to more folks than i'd like to think:wtf:

14. BKS

BKS Senior Member

Hope he get's well soon.

15. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

This guy is named Rick but, yeah, I suspect it happens to lots of folks. The fine motor dexterity we take for granted as we curse our comparative lack of talent is no small thing.

SGeoff likes this.
  16. BKS

BKS Senior Member

I met a guy at a moonkings show who was in a wheelchair, spastic paralyzed.
    Was talking to him for a while and told me he used to be a guitar player before he got ill. Man that must be tough!

17. The General

The General Senior Member

He has a weird and awkward style of playing but it's amazingly effective. And he can certainly bring it. Hoping he recovers and enjoys the rest of his years.

18. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

19. LPMarshall Hack

LPMarshall Hack Senior Member

Not a fan of FM by any means, but hope he gets back to doing what he does so well.

20. Chilli

Chilli Senior Member

Get well soon Lindsey, we still listen to Rumors, the kids love it, and rightly so it's a masterpiece.