Get Fuelie equipped for $150.00

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by fuelie, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Sinster

Sinster Senior Member

How's progress?

2. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Well, I finished our small bathroom, now it's two rooms of carpet. Oh wait.... You mean pickups? :laugh2:

All is well. I should be shipping next week. I will post of some pics within the next few days. :cheers:

Also to everyone. :)

I know this sale is over but I have another sale going on right now. :)

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/vendor-classifieds/201289-memorial-day-weekend-mlp-sale.html

3. jeffjr464

jeffjr464 Senior Member

here she is in all her glory!! sounds amazing!!! making the kids grab their ears lol

here's the details...
    gotoh bridge and stoptail
    jonesy 50's wiring, new jack and switch
    fuelie pro mod medium output pups
    tusq nut
    setup on 10's
    allparts tophat tuners

Attached Files:

4. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Glad you are happy Jeff. Make lots of noise and have fun!

Whatcha ya playing it through?

5. jeffjr464

jeffjr464 Senior Member

a little 10 watt vox, still cranks though :) i might get a ac15 or 30

6. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that. I've had my eye on the Ac15 for some time. I don't need to hang with a drummer and such so it should suit me just fine. :naughty:

7. jeffjr464

jeffjr464 Senior Member

after playing it for a couple hours it still is amazing me, one thing, i wish i had of went with a little hotter bridge, the neck is fantastic as is the bridge, but a little hotter and it would be perfect

8. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

You can try raising it up a bit if it's low. It should help.

Get to know them a bit and break them in. If we need to go a little hotter on the bridge we can work out something. ;)

9. jeffjr464

jeffjr464 Senior Member

you should hear the growl im getting out of a 10 watt vox :dude: it has so many different tones, from bluesy to acdc to nirvana it does it all with the turn of a knob and lotsa honk, can't get over how much they chime with the vox, it really is amazing the difference, ill try raising them a bit, clockwise on the screw for up? i dont wanna lower them by accident especially after i just had it setup

10. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

:cool:

I designed the Pro Mods to be very versatile. :naughty:

Yep, clockwise on the screws will raise the pickup. Turn them up a 1/4 to a 1/2 turn and play it for a while to see what it does. As long as you keep track of what you do you can always put it back. You should notice the bridge will gain a bit of volume and get some more hair on it. This can also change as the pickups settle in. Crap, sometimes I tweak them over the course of a month or so.

If you get the pickup where it sounds the best but notice you have a little volume difference in strings then you can adjust the pole pieces to taste.

Every pickup will have a sweet spot in a guitar. It's up to you to find out where it works for you and the guitar. :slash:

11. jeffjr464

jeffjr464 Senior Member

Your the man!!!:applause:

12. mr_mer

mr_mer Senior Member

Versatile?

I cannot start to describe the tonal improvement on my Epi SG Custom. Those Pro-mod are just awesome. Beautiful clean, delightful "chucka-chucka", take OD and fuzz like a champ. The "ice pick on metal" sound is gone.

Thank you Kevin for such amazing pickups.

1 person likes this.
  13. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

You are very welcome a thanks for making my night with your kind words. :cheers:

The more I thought about your set the more I was happy we decided to go hotter on the middle position. :naughty:

Get me a good picture and I'll put you up on my new Fuelie equipped page I am building for my website. ;)

14. chriseskew24

chriseskew24 Senior Member

Digging my pups! The perfect ballance of heat and vintage tone!

Thanks

15. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Awesome, Chris. I'm glad you are diggin them. :cheers:

Good weekend of work at Fuelie, boys. I'm getting ready to head back to the shop and start assembly after I measure a few coils and sign off on them. I'll get some pics up when I can sit down with the camera. :)

16. ll IrOn CiTy ll

ll IrOn CiTy ll Banned

[​IMG]
    All Fuelied up..great customer service/short production time/and overall a great product.
    He says when u get them the pickups they tend to sound brittle at 1st,and then after a few hours your guitar will begin to make noises you never heard before.hahaha All I can say is if it sounds like this after 30 minutes im extremely excited about what she will sound like tomorrow.

Thanks man.

17. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

:applause: Looks great man. I'm also really digging the top on that guitar.

I've been trying to develop a name for the change I hear in them and the best I can come up with is "organic transition"

I think I tend to notice it more because I always test through the same settings before I venture off to experiment with tone. All I can say is, keep beating on them. They like it. :naughty:

18. ll IrOn CiTy ll

ll IrOn CiTy ll Banned

Im to inexperienced to really put a name on what Im hearing so I wont even try.But from a noobs ear I can say whatever "it" is..theres just more of "it" with the Fuelies.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

thanks again

19. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

Nice top there!

I have experienced (without having any idea that it would happen...) the pickup ''settling-in'' phenomenon in both cases with new pickups in my Les Paul. At first it happened with the stock BB Pros and then with the Sheptones. It takes a few playing hours and then you feel like everything ''blends-in'' together, the wood & the wire...:hmm: Strange, I know, but you will feel it when it does.

20. ll IrOn CiTy ll

ll IrOn CiTy ll Banned

Thanks man..I have always been a Vintageburst kind of guy...but I wanted something different.After seeing a few Lightbursts in person I was impressed and this one was a easy choice.I wont be able to plug in until tonight,But as mentioned Im pretty excited of the possibilities.Its like I just bought my wife some new Cans and Im getting to seem them for the 1st time!:wow: