Get Fuelie equipped for $150.00

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by fuelie, Jan 8, 2012.

1. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

For a limited time, just for you guys, no limit, until I give the safe word.

Non covered humbuckers $150.00 a set
    Covered humbuckers $160.00 a set

I also wind very nice Strat stuff.

SSS sets $150.00
    SSH sets $160.00

Shipping included, overseas guys add $5.00

All orders wound on a custom basis. You even get a fancy little sticker, and some red shop rags because that's what I wrap my pickups in. :)

[​IMG]

I build every pickup with the same attention to detail and ability it takes to build this. If you are not a gear head that is just over 2000 hp out of 377 cubic inches and went 212 mph in the 1/4. :naughty:

[​IMG]

Or this. A 500 plus cubic inch Hemi motor.

[​IMG]

If you would like something PAF tone I suggest my Plain Jane series.

The set in this thread is going to TKOjams. http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pickups/176168-fuelie-plain-jane-series-pickup-build.html

Production versions of this series are going through a change to Butyrate bobbins and a few other PAF true components. It's a close as a reproduction I am doing right now but still gets you the tone you desire.

Long leg versions have 6 screw holes. Short leg versions have the double row. The fancy finish is optional.

My Super Stock and Gasser series designs are identical to the Plain Jane series except they are hotter.

If you would like something like a T-top I suggest my Pro Mod series. It is a touch more organic and brings out a bit more wood in the tone. It's like a PAF and a T-top had a baby. Sound clips available on my Pro Mod page. I can revert the wind back towards actual T-top.

Fuelie Pro-Mod

*Please note. My clips are recorded direct through Amp Farm. I am chasing a problem with clips sounding a little dry on the bends and sustain. I ensure you and guarantee this does not exist through an amp. I have witnessed first hand when I test live.

Gasser humbucker live. Turn it up a bit. Tommy raves about this set and people approach him about his tone all the time. He also says it nails EVH in his opinion. I will also be building a Top Fuel humbucker set for his LP in the near future.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6WkaQ661Os"]Fuelie Guitar Pickups live - YouTube[/ame]

Do you want high output?
    I suggest the Top Fuel Humbucker. 14.5 or so DCR based on the Pro Mod wind with an A8 and A4 neck. You can also do A5 in the bridge if you want a little high output vintage vibe. It's clear, has a ton of top end, and bite. I have a few of these out in the field right now with happy customers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvZi2zptio"]Top Fuel Humbucker intro and high gain demo - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna listen to my boring voice talk about how I build stuff and show you around my winder?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfRuO9kuLA&feature=related"]How it's built part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-zaRY6BZp0&feature=related"]How it's built part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp5--oagqpY&feature=related"]How it's built part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, I think I covered all. If you have any questions about anything over and beyond feel free to ask.

How to order.

Send me a PM. We will start chatting about what you want to do and go from there. I am highly organized, and ready to wind. :cheers:

Thanks for reading,

Kevin

2. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

3. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

A new hard rock project called "One Trick Pony" getting started in Detroit features Fuelie pickups.

A little teaser they released of their latest recordings.

promo by One Trick Pony

4. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Received a nice email today from a customer in New Jersey who just installed one of the first Top Fuel sets in an Ibanez he was having some issues with.

"I am really digging it a lot. I wish I put them in a better guitar. This super thin wizard neck with speed bump sized frets really isnt my style. I would definitely recommend this pickup for anyone with a floating bridge. It adds the fullness back in that is usually lost. The highs are clear and not shrill. Mid range is tight and cutting and the bottom end is huge without farting out"

5. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Here is something to sweeten the deal considering I am the new guy.

The first three sets $125.00 bare $135.00 covered. Conditions for the first three sets are an honest review posted here on the forum, and sound clips or video if possible. I'm confident you guys will like my stuff. :cheers:

6. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

A little bump and a product update.

All Plain Jane series pickups are now being built with Butyrate bobbins and other parts to resemble and perform like the infamous PAF a bit more. Considering the cost increase in materials the normal price for these will be a bit more after I call off the introductory pricing.

Long leg baseplates are accurate and only have one row of screw holes.

Until I develop my own die short leg baseplates have two rows.

Pictures and more descriptions coming once I complete a set and finalize numbers on the other flavors. :)

7. broke_player

broke_player Senior Member

Being a gear head myself I like your style :thumb:

Here's the last motor I built a few years ago:

[​IMG]

Your Pro Mod pups sound like something I would be interested in. Refund time is just around the corner :naughty:

:thumb:

2 people like this.
  8. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Rock on man. Do I see Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, Air Gap intake, and Comp rockers?

On 350 inches with the right can and around 10 to 1 compression you should make around 430 hp flywheel with the right cam. :cool:

For automatic cars I like a vaccum secondary 750 either Holley or Demon before BG went under. On stick shifts, 750 double pumper depending on the weight of the vehicle on that type of engine build.

The Pro Mod winds are doing pretty well. My customers using them like the headroom and how well they work with gain. :)

Thanks for the interest in my stuff. I'm sure you would be happy. :cheers:

9. broke_player

broke_player Senior Member

Yep, RPM heads and intake and a 355ci SBC. I had around 9.7 to 1 and was running a Voodoo cam 227/233 duration and .489/.504 lift. With the Hughes 2500 converter and a 2004R from a Monte SS and 3.73 gears it was a fun car to put around in. :thumb:

Yeah I really like the second video now. Too many decisions.

:)

10. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Small blocks are fun. I keep fighting the urge to build another one. Like anything else, it's a money pit. lol

Glad you like the high gain stuff. I am suppose to get some clips pretty soon of the Top Fuel humbucker from a customer in NJ who says it's the best passive he has ever played. :)

11. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Senior Member

any of the 135 covered sets still available?

12. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Yes.

Replying to your PM. :)

13. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Two sets left at the ultra low price. :)

14. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

On Wednesday I am finalizing an order for enough parts to build 10 sets of the Plain Jane series with the latest revisions.

If anyone else is interested in those or anything else it would be a good idea to get in. The Plain Jane stuff is going fast. I will have all parts in stock to build by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Turn around times are short right now unless it's a custom set and I need to test it in my guitar. :)

This will include Butyrate bobbins to build double black, zebra, and reverse zebra.

15. CheopisIV

CheopisIV Copper Slinger MLP Vendor

Got myself a set of Fuelies coming in, can't wait to see how they sound with my White Rabbit and Tone Grenade! Also thought I'd share my own little project, picked it up 10 years ago for $1000 (best chunk of the student loan ever spent!)

1969 350, 3spd Still needs some love but she finally got to move indoors last summer when I finished my shop.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

:cool: I've always had a think for late 60's early 70's A body types.

What are your plans for it?

17. CheopisIV

CheopisIV Copper Slinger MLP Vendor

Plans are for mild street use, something growlie with a lot of pop when you need it, but tame enough to drive all the time. I'm not too worried about restoration as I want something to drive. Just like my guitars, I plan to use it rather than look at it!

18. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

Cool, that's the way I build them.

Mine is presently competing in the jack stand olympics with no eta as of right now.

[​IMG]

19. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

One set left at the ultra low price.

After the last set the price goes back to-

Non covered humbuckers $150.00 a set
    Covered humbuckers $160.00 a set

SSS sets $150.00
    SSH sets $160.00

20. fuelie

fuelie Senior Member

The first three sets at the ultra low price have been sold.

Normal sale price is now in effect.

Thank you very much for the orders. All PMs replied to. :)