Germany ain't my kinda town.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by kevinpaul, Aug 30, 2017.

1. HeartString

HeartString Slag Eater Premium Member

Back when I joined, and before, you had to come in throwing elbows. It was less about ladies and more about fights and bickering for no real reason other than alpha jizz.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

It still ain't much about ladies. Harmz was the only one then, and the only one now ... unless we get Stratattack, or whatever his name was, to weigh in ... I bet he found some "wimmenz".

Caleb, HeartString and Malikon like this.
  3. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Neither did I, I think.

4. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

Never got a good grip on the Mule friend function...

Before I joined up, I read a lot... Learned a lot too...

Didn't take long to see patterns either.

5. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

My wife signed up on MLP, but she doesn't visit much as she's not much into music. She just joined because I burst out laughing randomly at y'all crazy folk.

6. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

7. Roberteaux

Roberteaux V.I.P. Member

I didn't pay any attention to the friends function at all. I basically thought it was a bit meaningless, and so I used to kind of rubber-stamp requests without thinking much about it or paying much attention to who I had just "befriended".

Thus, I ended up with some serious assholes on my friends list. :laugh2:

But still: I rubber-stamped 'em anyway. No point in hurting anybody's feelings, eh? I even used to post a cordial little thank-you note on their message wall as a sort of diplomatic initiative.

Then one day somebody named "Arlo" sent me a friendship request. I stamped it per usual and thought nothing more about it.

A couple of days after that, I learned that Arlo was one in the same as Daniel-- that is, Arlo was a Daniel sock. 'Twas Harmony who first caught onto him, and then the mods nailed him via his IP addy. :D

Turned out that I was one of only two or three members that Arlo/Daniel sent a friendship request to.

I kind of shrugged about it. But then somebody told me that it was believed that I was supposedly in cahoots with Arlo/Daniel somehow, though what sort of nefarious deeds we'd do while in collusion together struck me as something of a mystery. I finally contacted Vic and asked WTF, and was assured that the moderators didn't believe me to be doing much of anything other than just being an MLP member.

So I shrugged. For a minute there it occurred to me that maybe I should be more careful whose friendship requests I accepted-- but then I shrugged because... well... what difference would it make? :dunno:

I don't miss the feature. It was kinda... pointless. :laugh2:

--R :D

8. I Break Things

Does MLP even have a friends function anymore? All I see is the option to follow people, but that seems to do nothing. I don't get notifications when the people I follow do anything.

Roberteaux and Thumpalumpacus like this.
  9. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

Anybody that would want to 'follow' my dumb ass has issues none of us up in here are equipped to handle.... I'm about as interesting as watching dirt.

:cool2:

bungle, DarrellV, Thermionik and 3 others like this.
  10. parts

parts Senior Member

11. Roberteaux

Roberteaux V.I.P. Member

Nope... no more friends. Just followers-- and followers cannot be accepted or rejected by those whom they follow.

I learned that the hard way by trying to charge my followers monthly dues. They all told me to piss up a rope. When I told Lt. Dave about it, hoping that he'd ban them unless they forked over the nominal fee I was demanding, he just laughed and also told me to piss up a rope.

So I ended up with damp socks and smelly sneakers. Such is my lot in life... :(

On the brighter side, however: there ain't no enemies list either... :thumb:

--R :D

dsmcl77, Pop1655, THDNUT and 11 others like this.
  12. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

I like to think of my followers list as my entourage. It pleases my phony rock-star ego.

13. LP121

LP121 Senior Member

Oh yes there is. Don't worry, you're not on it. :cool2:

14. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

After reading this thread yesterday,a couple thoughts i won't repeat whats already been noted...

A while back,kevin said he was an ER.nurse. I always took that for truth. I know a few and after 20 years, they do kinda go off the rails a bit, sometimes a lot.Something about the environment.So his persona kinda matched a couple of the er nurses i know in my world.
    It is also my experience that medical people leave medical at work,because of the load it carries.So no proof,is ok to me.

But occasionally it's good to share your (medical)experience with friends here.
    There are so many great people here.Its humbling.

And he did friend so many,that is clear!:laugh2:.

I'm not sure kevin ever did,at least not that i saw.And for the qualifications he claimed, his knowledge would be immense. you can talk the talk, that's all you have to do...you have the capability.Flip it on and off, like a switch. You are wired for it,with that kind of credence.For his age, thousands of medical rounds...you become part of that,you talk like that, you think like that.you learn.Medical people are some of the most rigorous protocol followers imaginable. That's weird he didn't, that i know of.He didn't fit the pattern.

So he laid a big stinker. Huge.Humor is a great equalizer. As was pointed out,he has every opportunity to come back, eat crow,and be the kevin that he crafted. After all, from his perspective,he has truth on his side. Or maybe not.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    redjunior likes this.
  15. Bigfoot410

Bigfoot410 Premium Member

Hope he comes back as a fighter pilot. I like airplanes :)

16. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:..good one!

HeartString likes this.
  17. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

If my wife ever opened an account, I’d have to go back and erase everything I’ve ever written.
    :wow:
    I’d have to start behaving.

dsmcl77, Pop1655, John Vasco and 9 others like this.
  18. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

Doooood, that would be perfect.

Bigfoot410 likes this.
  19. I Break Things

I wasn't worried about my wife. She knows I can't behave. Like my dad always said, "If you can't be good, be good at it!" :laugh2:

20. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Wouldn't work, especially if he's still in Germany. I have it on good authority that one of the top German aviation experts in the world lurks these halls. That ruse wouldn't last a minute.

HeartString, Thermionik, ehb and 5 others like this.