Gene Simmons of Kiss Faces Lawsuit Over Groping, Misconduct Allegation

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by TheX, Dec 17, 2017.

1. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I would be surprised if he DIDN'T act that way.

Malikon and SteveGangi like this.
  2. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

Looks like Jerry Richardson, owner of the NFL Carolina Panthers, is basically going to sell his team due to sex harassment claims. Extremely mild stuff from what I've read. Kinda just creepy old man stuff. That's pretty amazing though. This stuff is a wildfire.

3. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

That's why on the first date, I skip everything and go straight to anal. No unwanted babies there.

4. DRF

DRF Senior Member

Admitting quickly is a form of Stockholm syndrome. There is also a certain virtue currency in admitting. These people have for decades been traveling in circles with a mindset and certain leanings that to do anything but concede is worse "always believe". Entertainment , politics, you're dead if you don't follow the narrative.

Also classic cases of do as I say not as I do with a big ol heaping of projection onto others while they were doing it.

cybermgk likes this.
  5. Sharky

Sharky Senior Member

only the private version is illegal. If the paternity is in question, a test has to be ordered by a court, which will always be the case if child support is demanded by a mother and the possible father denies his paternity

6. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

Total bullshit. Simmons has no license to molest. And if he can’t control himself around women’s choice of dress, it’s his problem, no one else’s.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  7. danohat

danohat Senior Member

Supposed to be an exciting day! I've read reports that the MOAB is going to be dropped on Congress and lots of scumbags are going down. Hope it's true. I hate every last one of them. My hatred reaches across the aisle.

8. northernguitarguy

Not as in tune with your leadership. But up here, I too like to spread my disdain across the parties.

danohat likes this.
  9. Dilemma

Dilemma Loud Pipes Ruin Naps Premium Member

All this leaves me wondering when the accused are going to start punching back. "Fuk you lady. Prove it. I'm guilty just because you said I was"

danohat likes this.
  10. northernguitarguy

And therein lies the problem for most of these men. They have the means to fight back. But they don't want to go through a court process where their past behaviour will be under a microscope. Bets their lawyers are all advising to 'sit tight and hope it goes away'.

Caleb likes this.
  11. Dilemma

Most likely. However, selling your business isn't really 'sitting tight.'

northernguitarguy likes this.
  12. Stevie 202

Stevie 202 Senior Member

Not really comparable IMHO.

Life was short, marrying cousins was fairly common and back then, you were either a child or an adult.

The blood-suckers in corporate advertising hadn’t invented the “teen-ager” yet.

13. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I saw that. I suspect he wants to try to save his name, as the guy that brought the NFL to Charlotte. However, if he ever wants to sell the team, now is the time. They only have one year left with their current stadium. So, a new owner can extort the hell out of the city of Charlotte and her taxpayers or move the team. The team should fetch about $2.3B which, I would imagine represents a pretty good return on his money.

Caleb likes this.
  14. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I think that the only way to do that, right now, is to immediately file a huge suit against the accuser. These guys being accused have the money to pay a big-time lawyer. If the accusations are false they should constitute liable and/or slander and can materially affect the accused ability to make a living and his finances.

I Break Things likes this.
  15. jc2000

jc2000 Senior Member

No surprise here....

16. Dilemma

I can't recall a single guy who's been accused challenging the accusations. Not one. And like you say most of them have the resources to fight this shit off. So, either they're guilty OR the Feminazi horde has dug into the male brain like a fukin' tick and convinced us all we're guilty for having so much as looked at a woman.

17. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Not the court process, it's the presumed guilty mania right now.

18. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Little of both.

19. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

As I was tapping out that post, I was thinking the same thing. I am guessing that most of the guys accused are guilty of something, but that isn't how the system is supposed to work. Like I said earlier, being rude, inconsiderate or even inappropriate is not a crime, in most cases. Some of this cases occurred in the workplace that can make those things crimes. However, I haven't seen too many criminal cases being filed. Nearly 100 guys are out of work and very few, if any are actually being prosecuted for a crime.

I am sure that most of these guys are elitist sh*theels, but if we don't protect their rights, who will protect ours?

defcrew, Malikon and Dilemma like this.
  20. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I think some of them are aware that if they stay quiet the outrage will soon be directed at someone else. That has nothing to do with actual guilt. I agree that most are probably guilty of at least part of it. Were their actions criminal? I doubt it, but it doesn't have to be criminal to be inappropriate.

Tone deaf and Malikon like this.