Gene Simmons of Kiss Faces Lawsuit Over Groping, Misconduct Allegation

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by TheX, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Malikon

Malikon Best Match! Are You Ready? Henshin! V.I.P. Member

in France paternity tests are illegal because they feel if all the guys realized just how many of them are raising kids they only think are theirs, it will cause societal upheaval.

So in the interest of preserving the peace they outlaw paternity tests so the guy can't know whether or not the kid is his.

...it seems to be a frighteningly common thing. And not just in France. ..and it's not anything new, either.

it's f**ked up,..a very f**ked up thing to do that to someone. Knowingly make some poor dude a cuckold,..and then he's bonding with a kid that isn't his? And how devastated would a guy be to have a family and love his kid and then find out the kid isn't his and his wife is a whore?

Makes me sick just thinking about it. Humans do some nasty stuff to each other.

But anyway,..yeah. Outlawed in France for the reasons of maintaining society. Which makes it sound like it's not a rare occurrence at all.

Sledge, 05jrock and DRF like this.
  2. Shelbyblues

Shelbyblues Senior Member

3. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

No one is saying it's their fault. It's also not always the mans fault. That's the point you appear to be missing. Facts or GTFO. If a man is at fault, then follow the process and deal with it. The sad truth is that some of these women are full of shit.

Nard and SteveGangi like this.
  4. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Which ones?

rabidhamster likes this.
  5. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

None of us knows. Do you honestly believe 100% of the women's versions? Humans are never that true.

DRF likes this.
  6. rxbandit

rxbandit Senior Member

Vast majority of men accused recently have made public acknowledgements/apologies.

7. fry

fry Senior Member

This is how I feel. Don’t get me wrong, if there’s somebody I don’t like and they get themselves in trouble, I admit to getting a kick out of it. However, I don’t want to start going down the road of guilty until proven innocent, everybody needs to slow down and think things over a little bit. There are some accusers that are being dishonest, and they are doing a disservice to actual victims.

Nard and SteveGangi like this.
  8. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Oh shit, sorry man, from your post I thought maybe you had some insider scoop or something specific. Good call, it's a truth that they're full of shit, it's as good an assumption as any, I guess.

SteveGangi and Harmony like this.
  9. WaywerdSon

WaywerdSon Senior Member

Lesser of 2 evils maybe? They challenge the accusations and the shitstorm gets bigger. "He's blaming the victim" "slut shaming" "she wouldnt ever make that up. what does she gain from it" etc etc. Sometimes its better to just say sorry and hope the whole thing just dies out

10. rxbandit

rxbandit Senior Member

There is 0 proof of this.

11. fry

fry Senior Member

There is zero proof of much, from both sides of a lot these stories.

12. Malikon

Malikon Best Match! Are You Ready? Henshin! V.I.P. Member

well there's always women who cry rape that are full of crap..

https://nypost.com/2017/12/16/rape-trial-falls-apart-after-accusers-40000-texts-are-revealed/

or like the college mattress girl, or that (lacross?) team. There are women who say that word just to get out of trouble or avoid looking like a slut or are just plain mentally unbalanced. You can't be a logical person looking at an illogical situation and expect to find logic,...crazy isn't logical.

But there's also women who cry rape who are very much telling the truth. And they deserve to be heard and the guy responsible for it should be punished.

The problem with false accusations (besides the fact it will ruin an innocent mans life),..is that it casts doubt on the accusations that are true.

...nothing's black and white. And humans are very messy and illogical.

There are enough false accusations that seem to pop up though that I don't think any woman should be automatically believed. And that's a shame, because it means so many women have lied about it that it's made people skeptical about a very serious crime.

___

as to the OP. Gene Simmons is a pig so this should surprise no one really.

jdto and SteveGangi like this.
  13. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Or maybe, since we're spitballing here, it's better to admit to a lesser charge to avoid the serious heat. You know, plea bargain style. Like maybe the comedian turned senator. Maybe he thought, "Holy shit, after being on SNL in the goddamn seventies, all the crazy stuff I did, and all I ever got caught for was the stupid USO caper?? Ok, let me cop to that before anything else comes out, I'm getting off easy, lemme take my lumps and run!!"

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    electric head, DRF and Harmony like this.
  14. fry

fry Senior Member

There was that one unflattering photo of him in the act, that damaged him quite a bit. Enough that he couldn't flat deny it.

Harmony and Caleb like this.
  15. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

Exactly. While it didn't look great, it wasn't exactly a felony grade violation. Copping to that was a cinch, the only move he had, and honestly it really wasn't an earth shattering crime or confession. Better to frame that as his biggest transgression and keep it moving before something worse knocked it off the front page.

SteveGangi and Harmony like this.
  16. HeartString

HeartString Slag Eater Premium Member

They are going to need to build a complex to put up all the groupies too ;) This is becoming like the tobacco settlement.

17. fry

fry Senior Member

I don’t think a guy can partially admit to this stuff, even if he’s only partially guilty. There are no points earned for that. Any admission will be considered a full confession.

18. Dave_W

Dave_W Senior Member

Maybe this woman was expecting Richard Simmons instead of Gene.

redjunior and Shred Astaire like this.
  19. judson

judson Senior Member

gene simmons? OMG shocker!

hugh hefner is glad he is dead

its all part of the bigger game the media is playing for certain groups in our society that want to remove a certain politician in the USA at any cost by placing so much attention to this current wave of promoting this trash to control the public while pushing their true agenda......wait and see, it will continue.

google Lisa Bloom, attorney

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Dave_W likes this.
  20. fry

fry Senior Member

What took them so long to start on rock stars? You'd have to think that there are more victims of improper behavior in that world than any other.