gearmanndude's pedal demos!!

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by siore, Dec 4, 2008.

1. siore

siore Senior Member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but...

Gearmanndude = Jack Black? Sure sounds like him. :hmm:

YouTube - gearmanndude's Videos

Not a lot of view counts yet.

2. peter679

peter679 Senior Member

Holly sh*t! If that's not JB then it's his clone... wow!!!!!! Even his emphasis' on certain syllables is exactly the same.

3. PMcG No.6

PMcG No.6 Senior Member

I've been watching those reviews for a while now. Haven't decided if it's Jables or not. Good stuff though. :thumb:

4. peter679

peter679 Senior Member

at the end when he's going through the gear, I swear to god it's freaking him!!!! It can't NOT be him..

5. siore

siore Senior Member

If only I could see if he's holding an odd green pick....

6. Jackson50

Jackson50 Senior Member

I bought his drive, it's really great.

7. PMcG No.6

PMcG No.6 Senior Member

The Luther Drive? It sounds good in the vids.

8. soloben347

soloben347 Senior Member

[ame=http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pww6DDbYL_o]YouTube - who is[/ame]

9. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

Here is the video proof of who exactly Gearmandude is ... :wow:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzsf02DZgRY]YouTube - Who is Gearmanndde MACH II[/ame]

10. J.LaGrassa

J.LaGrassa Senior Member

Why would Jack Black be doing pedal demos, I doubt its him!

11. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

It has to be him !!! Who else could afford all those pedals !!! Listen to the demos , That's his voice !!! Why would he be doing demos ??? Because he's a guitar freak like us except he's got the clams to go out and buy all the guitar toys he wants !!!

12. peter679

peter679 Senior Member

his house [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9RZpJqZrY]YouTube - The Den of Gearmanndude the gearmannstudio aka THE RED ROOM[/ame]

13. Bandit79

Bandit79 Senior Member

It's not jack black. I've seen interviews where he said he had to learn electric guitar from scratch for the movie "School of Rock". Also, Gearmandude has talked about how he's taken 2 pedal boards to shows....but jack black never plays electric guitar at tenacious D shows. Mystery Solved.

Think about it, with 6,000,000,000 people populating this earth, some people are going to sound similiar to others.

mrrazorblade227 likes this.
  14. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

The learning guitar for School of Rock thing is false !!! He was doing the Tenacious D thing way before SoR ..... :cool:

Tenacious D is a satirical rock band formed in Los Angeles, California. The band consists of musicians and actors Jack Black (vocals, guitar) and Kyle Gass (guitar, vocals).

Tenacious D formed in 1994 when the members performed as an acoustic duo. The band first gained popularity in 1999 when they starred in their eponymous television series and began to support large rock acts.[1] In 2001, they released Tenacious D, their debut album featuring a full band. The first single, "Tribute", was the band's most successful achieving their only Top 10 in any chart, until they released "The Metal" , which was first shown at Saturday Night Live. In 2006, they starred in, and recorded the soundtrack for, Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny. In support of the film, the band went on a world tour, appearing for the first time with a full band.

Tenacious D's music showcases Black's theatrical vocal delivery and Gass' acoustic guitar playing abilities.[2] Critics have described their fusion of vulgar absurdist comedy with rock music as "mock rock".[1][3] Their songs discuss the duo's purported musical and sexual prowess, as well as their friendship and cannabis usage in a style that music critics have compared with the storyteller-style lyrics of rock

15. Bandit79

Bandit79 Senior Member

I didn't say he didn't know guitar. But he didn't play ELECTRIC guitar, acoustic is a givin. I know he's been playing with Kyle for a while, but again, he hasn't been playing ELECTRIC GUITAR for that long. So i doubt he's making his own pedals. It would be nice to think that Gearmandude is jack black but reality is that he's not jack black.

16. Jackson50

Jackson50 Senior Member

Sounds way better live, if you can grab one do it :)

17. JoelmBenge

JoelmBenge Senior Member

Whoever he is, those are some wicked snakeskin boots.

18. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLV7N7_F3So]YouTube - Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso vs Serrano boost shootout[/ame]

Guy's got a nice Historic and a jillion pedals !!!:wow:

19. lifele55

lifele55 Senior Member

Wow, I've seen his vids before but didn't really connect it till now. It really does sound like Jb...

20. Lampens

Lampens Senior Member

His accent is off. Sounds like he's from the southern part of the US. Jack Black hails from California doesn't he? His voice and way of talking sound the same, but his accent sounds a bit like that of Hank III. He's from Tennessee or something. Don't know much about US accents btw so I could be wrong.