Gearfest at Sweetwater FT Wayne Indiana

Discussion in 'MLP Meets' started by Shoopdude, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Shoopdude

Shoopdude Senior Member

2. pillbug

pillbug Senior Member

I'm debating going tomorrow. It's about a 4-hour drive each way but I do have the day off so...

in your experience, do they have any demo/B-stock deals other that what I can find listed on their site?

What about show specials on new or current products? Are there dealers there too, and/or used stuff?

matt@msscguitar likes this.

3. thatF-INGflyingVguy

thatF-INGflyingVguy Senior Member

4. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

I was registered and at the last minute had to miss it this year. To answer your questions pillbug, pretty much yes to all of them. They have a whole tent full of Open Box/Demo/B-stock that they usually are selling at a decent discount. They also have a selection of Show Specials at great prices, if that item was on your shopping list. They also have "show pricing" on lots of bigger ticket items. Plus, each manufacturer has it's own demo / display space usually with company reps to talk up the items. They also have a "garage sale" style area where people bring in their for sale items - often a really wild variety. (Thats just an extra, not sponsored by Sweetwater). Plus workshops and performances by well known artists (usually "Sponsored" by whichever Manufacturer they rep for). It is the one thing I look forward to all year, and damn it, life intervened this year!

5. Shoopdude

Shoopdude Senior Member

Place on your calendar for next yer June 15th and 16th 2018

6. pillbug

pillbug Senior Member

Thanks - I too registered on Thursday night (and received a voicemail from someone at SW calling to thank me and answer any questions, etc.) but had to pull out at the last minute. Already decided I'll for sure go next year. Thanks

7. bilbarstow

This post is no longer correct. The Gearfest this year (2018) is Friday June 22nd and Saturday June 23rd.

https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/

I'm scheduled to be there both days this year, and I would be happy to meet up with any MLP members. A particular opportunity would be at the Friday night Concert ? But I'll be checking back to this thread beforehand, so if anyone wants to meet up or hang out, please post it here.

I've missed the last 2 years because of forces outside my control. This year, nothingsgonnastandinmyway.

8. Dino Velvet

Dino Velvet Senior Member

We are flying in Thursday from MD and Boston, leaving Sat afternoon. Staying at the Hilton. First time for this show, sure we are going to have a good time.

bilbarstow likes this.

9. Shoopdude

Shoopdude Senior Member

Yes it is at the last day last year they were stating the original dates I posted but it was changed. Not all that uncommon. I will be there as well both days and would love to say Hi to any MLP folks!!!

10. bilbarstow

I'm still going to be there both days. I'm staying at the Wyndham. But I've already started planning the clinics and performances that I hope to attend. Dino and Shoop, PM me and we can set up a meeting (or at least exchange cell numbers for text contact), doesn't have to be for the concert.

And just to make the people not going a little jealous, Greg Koch, Larry Carleton, Adrian Belew and Yngwie Malmsteen clinics are on my list, for sure. Probably add Paul Reed Smith as well. And lots of time playing with all the goodies available for demo.

11. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

I'm thinking of going on Friday. However, the friend I was going with bowed out last night.

bilbarstow likes this.

12. bilbarstow

Roxy, if you can make it, please come to the GearFest anyway ? I'd really enjoy getting to meet you and we could hang out while looking at all the gear.

13. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

I'm thinking about it. I asked another friend if she wanted to go as well, but I think she won't either. She first told me 2 teens she knows wanted to go as well, but she hasn't given me names to register them. And she wanted me to ask about handicapped accommodations and I asked her to tell me what she needed to know and she hasn't answered. So let's assume she isn't going.

14. bilbarstow

They do have Handicapped parking reasonably close to the entrance of SW, but it's a HUGE place and stuff will be spread out all over, so it will be lots of walking. I know that they have Handicapped accessible restrooms inside, and all of the Theaters are accessible. The outside stuff is primarily in Tents on the rear parking lots, so if she is using a chair or scooter, that would be very accessible. They have also mentioned that they will have "Air Conditioned" Porta-restrooms (Out towards the big Performance Stage/Quonset Hut), and I think those must be accessible as well ?

As far as "registering" any late-comers, in the past they have been able to "badge" additional people at the sign-in desk, so I would not worry about that if it means a last minute decision.

PM'ing you my cell number, in case you want to text me for any possible meet-up.

Roxy13 likes this.

15. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

Saw on Facebook that Michael Lee Firkins is going to be playing at this event. You guys are in for a treat if you've never heard him play!

bilbarstow likes this.

16. bilbarstow

I don't see him listed in any of the workshops / clinic / performances. Do you happen to know who he is repping for ? that might be a way to look him up ? I have the GearFest app, and they keep that up-to-date pretty well. Website doesn't say anything either.

17. Lungo

Lungo Silver Supporter

His post says he'll be playing for Headrush Pedal Boards. :thumb:

18. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

I need to make a decision about whether I'm attending. If I do I'll be flying solo.

19. bilbarstow

Not entirely true, - you can hang with me all day if you want. I don't bite.

Roxy13 likes this.

20. bilbarstow

OK - they have a Booth in a Tent with Akai, etc. No details provided, and no "clinics" or "Workshops" listed. But that may mean he will be in the tent at a set times. Probably also be one of the "Special Guests" (not listed) for the Friday night everybody on deck performance concert.

I need to think about a new pedal board. Maybe I'll stop there early on and ask.