Gear Plans 2018

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by NewDayHappy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. RichBrew

RichBrew Senior Member

The JTV-59.

I tried to get hold of one in November, but the place I intended to buy it from (Andertons), were out of stock.

They are expected in at the end of this month.

cherrysunburst00 likes this.
  2. Tom.Ashworth

Tom.Ashworth Senior Member

Recently got a new custom shop strat which may write me off gear purchases for the year though... I am eyeing up kempers a lot :hmm:

3. bungle

bungle Premium Member

Nothing I'm looking for this year. :dunno:Will probably sell a couple more guitars, mabey a couple pedals. Just parted with 2 super nice Les Paul's & actually made a good profit. Still keep some extra cash for those stupid deals that pop up on Craig's. Gas has pretty much evaporated...Hope everyone gets there wishes dis year!

cherrysunburst00 likes this.
  4. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I'm thinking about the EHX Canyon pedal. I've never bought or used a pedal before, but this seems like it has a lot of what I'd want.
    I'm also getting a Martin 12 string via @Who that I'm excited about!

5. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I'm looking at the Canyon too. The demo was impressive

Side Burns and cherrysunburst00 like this.
  6. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

I plan on moving some old gear. I have an Ibanez partscaster to finish that I had started last year, but no plans for anything new. We shall see how well this holds up!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Saving for a Axe Fx or a Kemper. About half way there.

8. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

I've got one. It's black w p90s. Pretty remarkable and really play quite well. If I had it to do over I might have gotten the Strat style. They are great live for their versatility and also for recording. the acoustic guitar sounds are pretty legit.

RichBrew likes this.
  9. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

I've got a black top 56RI. It was pretty hard to come across used. the 54 would be truly rare air. Mine is solid black. I'm a stone cold sucker for a tuxedo black LP! They just look about perfect. Good luck with it.

Travis19 likes this.
  10. The General

The General Senior Member

+1.

Trying to resist buying anything new this year, as much as possible. I have a guitar I really like, a gig amp I really like, and a practice amp I really like. Not sure purchasing new gear will make as much of a difference as following Thumps advice and actually improving with the damn things I already have.

11. Rich

Rich Non sequitur Premium Member

While there are a couple of guitars that I would *like* to have, there is nothing I really need. For that matter, I own more guitars and related gear than I even use so, if anything, I should probably think about selling some stuff.

JohnnyN and cherrysunburst00 like this.
  12. DavGrape

DavGrape Silver Supporter

Gonna pay taxes first, then save for a sunburst Epiphone Dot.
    And a Triumph Spitfire.

JohnnyN and cherrysunburst00 like this.
  13. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I'm actually going to stop flipping guitars. I'll buy broken headstock guitars but no more flipping for free guitars. I am going to look at buying that one special classical that I plan to use for the rest of my time on this planet.

14. JTM45

JTM45 Premium Member

I've been gassing for a couple of those Epi les pauls with ebony boards, I think it's the Heafy and the 55 custom, those things ooze badassness

15. RichBrew

RichBrew Senior Member

:thumb:

It's the acoustic sounds that interest me the most; being able to play in unison with an electric guitar, and having the intonation the same.

16. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

The alternative tuning function is also incredible. If you want you could play a tune in, say, open G, go to standard for a solo and then back seamlessly. You could set it for a capo pitch without having to worry about the problems of the capo pulling you out of tune. I don't think the neck is quite as good as my gibsons but it is not bad at all. Hope you like it.

RichBrew likes this.
  17. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

The current plan is to continue watching Top Gear reruns on Netflix in 2018.

Mr Insane likes this.
  18. The General

The General Senior Member

I mentioned I'm going to try not the buy much new gear this year, but damn that Ibanez is a pretty little thing. Must resist.........................

I Break Things and Malikon like this.
  19. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

I was watching an old Saga(the band) video.The guitar player had a late 70's Les Paul Pro Deluxe.They only came in black.I saw him wielding that axe in a local club a couple times back then.Remember those? Still have the guitar player issue with the review.:cool2: P90 pickups,ebony board.About the time i had my late 70's 11 lb Norlin standard.In the video he has some blade pickups in it(dimarzio probably).

Keyboards were front and center with vocals in that band...but guitar lines were so cool.Short palm muted baritone type lines, lower register...symphonic almost,bringing up the bottom end with a marshall wallup and supporting the whole structure.The weight of it (pro)and the ebony board means a nice defined bottom end,no mush, and great sustain.Finger and palm mutes are awesome,and doesn't require excessive overdrive to articulate.

If i saw one(norlin lespaul pro),i'd be sorely tempted.If i played it and it floated my boat...maybe.:hmm:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    lakeburst and truckermde like this.
  20. truckermde

truckermde Senior Member

My gear plans for 2018 include jealously hoarding everything I already have, because with all the projects we've got going on around our property, I seriously doubt there will be any GAS money.

I'll live...

In fact, I'll live vicariously through all of you, and give plenty of "likes" for all the NGD threads. :thumb: