G400 Custom

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by overdriver, Oct 6, 2007.

1. overdriver

overdriver Banned

Hi for some strange reason I am thinking if getting a G400 Custom . Any current G400 Custom owners out there that would like to share there thoughts on them. Thanks:thumb:

2. dfarrell

dfarrell Junior Member

Funny you should mention that, I am also considering laying my hands on one.

3. overdriver

overdriver Banned

Funny ya been seeing them for years with no interest sparked and today I picked up an 06 EE MIC did not plug it in was in a hurry, but it felt , looked played and sounded good. My buddy that owns the shop it is in , is going to let me take it home for the week end Sat. around closing time. I will let you know how she runs hot.:fingersx: Only 430 bucks new guitar.

4. lp junior freak

lp junior freak V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

i wannted one but i saw some bad reviews on them but i personaly think there a great guitar i played one at a guitar center

5. overdriver

overdriver Banned

Ya , good and bad reviews on just about all gear LOL, well so far I am not liking it much , some of the sounds are not too bad ,fit and finish is all right does get muddy when I play with the volumes turn up ,say with the neck pup on and middle volume full it gets very muddy back some of the middle of it clears up some and give out a bit of quack. I do not think its a guitar for me.:(

6. lp junior freak

lp junior freak V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

well im sorry to hear its not the one for you. some guitars sing to you and begg to come to your place ,and some dont, happy hunting:thumb:

7. overdriver

overdriver Banned

Yes indeed JR..:wave: I was not really hunting Seemed like a good idea at the time. I still have till Tues. to play with it any how. Cheers

8. guitarguru

guitarguru Senior Member

:thumb::hippie:
    a bad review is just someone saying that that guitar is bad but a lot people think their right but it is your desicion.So if you like it then get it if you agree with this person don't get.To me a review is something to get you off your butt and try it out yourself

9. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

Im dying for an ebony G400...my buddy has one that I really dig, I just wish it werent so neck heavy. But Ive also got a buddy who has a bolt on neck Special that has the perfect balance, just not as many features.

10. overdriver

overdriver Banned

Hey sprocket the g-400 do not sound to bad some better than other try a bunch. This custom sustains well sounds pretty good really when the mid pick up is turned down ,if I did not already have several HB equiped guitars I would take it. But I have so many other things I would rather get in the next little while, this purchase would only set me back.:thumb: