FYI: GC closeout deal on es-175 premium $439 natural

Discussion in 'Other Epiphones' started by matchman, Nov 18, 2016.

1. 1all's Pub

1all's Pub Senior Member

Just received an email saying my Epi ES-175 has arrived at my local GC & and is ready for pickup. Gonna try to get it tonight after work. Will report back as to how it goes. ;)

2. 1all's Pub

1all's Pub Senior Member

Well...just left GC with my new Epi ES-175 Premium in Ebony.

In short, I lucked out and got one that is virtually flawless aesthetically and plays like butter and sounds fantastic. In short, I stole it! :D Who'd a thought??? ;)

Anyway, I will post a proper NGD thread later tonight when I have a chance to take some more pics...but in the meantime here's a teaser. ;)
    [​IMG]

3. johnnytuinals

johnnytuinals Senior Member

did it come in a factory sealed case?Or was it a display?.......JT

4. AK Epi Player

AK Epi Player Senior Member

SWEET!

What more could a person ask for?

Congrats on an awesome score. :thumb:

5. 1all's Pub

1all's Pub Senior Member

It did not come in a factory sealed case... nor did I expect it to (it's a 2014 model, BTW, made in Korea). Going on steep clearance at GC generally means they are selling off floor display models (at least that's always been my experience with them). And that's what I was expecting here... just luck of the draw as to whether a given display model gets taken down a lot and abused while on display... or gets relatively left alone (as must've been the case with mine).

Anyway, at basically 50% off I was expecting to receive a beater... and was prepared to return it immediately if its condition was untenable--but figured it was worth the chance that maybe, just maybe I'd luck out and get a good one. And indeed I did luck out and got a good one.. a dang good one. Played it for about 30 minutes in the store, and then another 30 or so when I got home on my amp. Couldn't be happier... even the setup is good... no fret buzz, no TR adjustment needed, nice low action... all I'm gonna do is remove the old strings, oil the fretboard and put some fresh strings on her tonight (and buy some black/silver reflector top hats, because the gold/silver reflectors don't really match anything else on the guitar) and call her done. Now just need to find a case for her. :)

6. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

As a footnote to this thread, I did write a letter to the GC CEO and mailed it to him at the corporate office. At least I got that off my chest, whether he is really interested or not.