FS: 2012 R9 Bourbon Now UNAVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by lakehaus, Apr 28, 2017.

1. lakehaus

lakehaus Senior Member

I'm jonesing hard for a vintage Martin 00/000-18. In addition to this guitar, I am listing a '14 R8 here and on other forums, and a '10 00-18v. Of the three, I'll sell ONLY one of the Reissues, and likely the 00-18v too.

Please read carefully - this R9 is currently in use with hardware, elex, and plastic that you'll see in the photos but are NOT included in the price, and they're NOT for sale.

I do offer a couple options for those who want this guitar, but want tuners and pickups right away. Please see the highlighted OPTIONS blurb after the ad copy below.

FIRST, I will offer this 2012 R9 WITHOUT pickups and tuners. I know a good majority of folks who buy these swap pickups almost immediately anyway... This one came to me with swapped pickups, which I replaced with authentic PAFs (then sold them). It now has pre-Ts from a '64 ES-335 - they are NOT included and not for sale.

I WILL GLADLY AND FREE OF CHARGE INSTALL YOUR PICKUPS AND TUNERS ON THIS GUITAR. I'll send you a UPS Ground fully paid & insured shipping label to use at my expense and install your pickups to the OEM harness, and your tuners. Be advised that the harness provides no means to split 4 conductor pickups. But I'll work with you to accommodate at your expense.

The tuners and the pickups that came with this R9 were transferred to a '59 ES-175 and sold along with it. I mod'd the rear tuning peg openings to accept Grover Rotomatics. The faceplate openings required no modification. While this mod is not reversible, the original style Klusons may be replaced with original ferrules with no superficial trace of the mod. I'd recommend TonePros TPKG2-N, which require a similar modification - so you're set there.

THE ORIGINAL HARNESS AND ORIGINAL HARDWARE WILL BE RE-INSTALLED PRIOR TO SHIPMENT.
    • I never had the original pickups. I have no pickups to install. No pickups are included. The original cream pickup rings are included.
    • The vintage 1959 harness is available for sale ($1000), and NOT included in this price. The original harness w/ Luxe BB replica caps is included.
    • The vintage '70s lightweight wraparound stop bar is not for sale. Original stop is included.
    • The vintage '60s nickel Grovers are not for sale. No tuners are included.
    • The TonePros aged nickel plated brass locking studs are not for sale. Original studs included.
    • The Callaham bridge is not included and not for sale. The original wireless ABR-1 is included.
    So, for clarity, what you get for $3300 shipped CONUS only, insured, PayPal fee covered, is:
    • 2012 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue, original hardware/plastic, original harness, OHSC, COA.
    • No pickups.
    • No tuners.
    • Full C profile, .930" at the first fret, .988" at the 12th.
    • Very good to excellent condition.
    • Cali Girl case excellent condition.
    Please PM me with any questions, otherwise I presume all the details are clear, and will include a copy of this ad inside the Cali Girl case.

OPTIONS:

I bought a set of TonePros Kluson Deluxe drop in replacement tuners (TPKG2-N). If you want these brand new tuners, add $50 and I'll install them on the R9 before shipping. Price with tuners - $3350 s/p CONUS

If you want the 2 conductor braided Custombuckers out of the 2014 R8 I have listed, I will install them before shipping. Price with above tuners and Custombuckers - $3600 s/p CONUS

Pictures show personal hardware/50s knobs and PAF pickups - NOT INCLUDED - and a 'MapleFlame' mod, using stainless 6-32 1.5" posts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ORIGINAL POTS/CAPS INCLUDED

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    DADGAD likes this.
  2. majicmerlin

majicmerlin Member

I must need more coffee this AM since this ad is slightly confusing........?

rockinlespaul likes this.
  3. DotStudio

DotStudio Senior Member

He has 3 guitars for sale. He's keeping one reissue depending on what sells first.

This ad is for the R9 pictured. It's missing tuners and pickups (he sold the ones that he had in the guitar).

He'll sell as-is (with stock components minus tuners/pickups) or, if you ship him the components, he'll install whatever tuners and pickups you like. The upgraded parts in the photos would be an additional charge.

Summary over :wave:

4. lakehaus

lakehaus Senior Member

Yeah. Since this guitar is in use right now, but being offered without pickups or tuners, I'm trying to be concise in what is included and what is not.

The guitar is also mod'd with parts that are not included, so I have to be clear about that, too.

I guess I could NOT include pictures, then I could delete half of the ad copy.

I'm listing both this R9 and a 100% original R8. The R8 ad is simple and straightforward. I hope the R8 sells first (got it in a trade deal), since the R9 is my primary LP.

I hope that helps.

5. lakehaus

lakehaus Senior Member

Perfect summary. Thanks.

DotStudio likes this.
  6. lakehaus

lakehaus Senior Member

I updated Post #1 above with these following options:

I bought a set of TonePros Kluson Deluxe drop in replacement tuners (TPKG2-N). If you want these brand new tuners, add $50 and I'll install them on the R9 before shipping. Price with tuners - $3350 s/p

If you want the 2 conductor braided Custombuckers out of the 2014 R8 I have listed, I will install them before shipping. Price with above tuners and Custombuckers - $3600 s/p

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  7. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

Man, that's a beauty and a deal!

lakehaus likes this.
  8. lakehaus

lakehaus Senior Member

KEEPING IT