FS: 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Honeyburst ($1700)

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by SuperUnclear, Sep 22, 2017.

1. SuperUnclear

SuperUnclear Junior Member

This is a gorgeous 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Honey Burst finish. Tasteful flame top, 3D and lots of mineral action that shimmers in the light. Beautiful marbled rosewood fingerboard. Frets have tons of life left. Pickguard never installed but included. 2005 means no chambering - this thing is solid, resonant and weighs 9.6 lbs on my bathroom scale.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/SIE2w

The neck is 60s style but I don't think it's a "taper". It's just slightly thinner than my other '59 style necks.

The back is the pretty maroon color instead of typical brown. It was hard to capture in the pics, but it looks incredible with the honey top.

No breaks. As the pictures show this thing has been loved though, dings and minor scratches throughout. Two dings on the front made it through the finish, but some of the other scratches I tried to show in the pics are only visible at certain angles.

Hardware: original throughout with the following exceptions:
    -the strap knobs have been replaced with the larger variety
    -blank truss rod cover but you'll get the original "Standard" cover, too.

Pickups/wiring:
    - Slash Alnico 2 Pro (A2 magnets) pickups installed. Happy to replace with the original Burstbuckers (chrome covers), please indicate which you want (both sets not included).

-Wiring upgraded throughout. "Vintage taper" CTS pots, 50s style wiring, and NOS PIO caps. New switch wiring using vintage braided cable. Sounds amazing.

-Original wiring & caps will be included with the purchase

Case: not pictured but comes with an older non-original hard case. It has some tape on the handle but it works.

[​IMG]