Friedman BE-OD gain

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by MUSTANGCAT, May 14, 2017.

1. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Senior Member

After having for a little while now, today I adjusted my gain very low and I cranked it up slightly with all the setting basically in the middle. I keep the gain control outside at 3 O'clock. I used my Strat Special with TS pups. I decided to drop the gain today when I was playing my 1998 U2 56 reissue and noticed the over the top gain I needed to tone down. This pedal is easy to dial and works great with both single coils and humbuckers. I'm glad I got it and tamed it the way I have. While I was adjusting the internal gain I brought it down almost all the way, then I went up a taste to where I heard and felt the tone I find attractive for my particular use. Out of the box it is useable but, don't be shy about adjusting the internal gain because it can very easily be dialed back in the middle factory setting with little effort.

2. Stuff

Stuff Senior Member

Just want to say thank you for this post. It encouraged me to open up my BE-OD and tweak the internal trim pot for the first time. I'd forgotten that the trim pot was there.

MUSTANGCAT likes this.
  3. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Senior Member

My pleasure bro! I love sharing and receiving positive info on all of our beloved musical gear.

Stuff likes this.
  4. Stuff

Stuff Senior Member

Now, if only there was a way to stop it being such a noisy pedal ...

5. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Senior Member

Try running it at 18 volts instead of nine. I actually don't find it noisy even at 9 volts. I've had more difficulty taming the OCD. ( another cool OD ).

6. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Senior Member

Stuff, I thought about it for a second and it seems to me the noise may be coming from another source in your tone chain.

Stuff likes this.
  7. Liquid State

Liquid State Premium Member

nice post - is on my list to try out. I have a RAT WFRI (as my high gain pedal) that I keep trying to knock off my board, but it keeps hanging in there against all attempts. Maybe the Friedman....

MUSTANGCAT likes this.
  8. freak

freak Silver Supporter

The Friedman is a fantastic pedal. it kicked my ocd v3 off the board. Kept the internal pots the way they are, run the gain at noon (i love high gain). running it through a twin reverb. very happy.

9. eslover

eslover Senior Member

Yes, this is a great great OD especially with the internal pot dialed down to about 9:00. But play around with it, can get some crazy over-the-top drive.

10. caseychan

caseychan Senior Member

My favorite OD. It'll take a lot to knock it off my board.