(FREE PICKUPS!) ReWind Electric & NAMI Team Up to Fight Mental Illness

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Dec 12, 2012.

1. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

In a very special promotion, your ReWind Electric purchases will help provide assistance to individuals and families affected by mental illness through support, education, and advocacy. With your help, NAMI can continue its work as America's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.

For the months of December and January, ReWind Electric will donate 5% of sales to NAMI of Frederick County, Maryland. The Frederick County chapter of NAMI is entirely staffed by unpaid volunteers all the way up to the Board of Directors and funded entirely through donations. Their financial records are available publicly. For more information on NAMI of Frederick County, please visit www.namifcmd.org

In an attempt to spark a little more interest in making a charitable purchase from ReWind Electric in December and January...

I will be giving away two VERY exciting sets of pickups to two customers who make a $50 or greater purchase on my website during the promotion period.
    If you have already made a qualifying purchase this month, you are in the running!

AND - as if that wasn't enough, I'm also going to give away a THIRD set with no purchase necessary to an MLP member (join date prior to today) who posts in this thread. More info on that in post #6 below.

These are new models! Something I've been working towards the entire time I've been winding humbuckers. I'm finally happy enough with the results to share them. I couldn't be more pleased than to announce these two new sets through this special promotion. So, here are the two prize sets:

[​IMG]

For short, we can call them JPPre72 and JPPost72.

Much like MLP, NAMI has become an organization that I hold close to my heart. While struggling through the stresses and confusion of dealing with a loved one with mental illness, I was directed to NAMI, who's Frederick office happened to be directly across the street from ReWind Electric's new HQ! I took their Family to Family course which provided me with the tools and knowledge to understand and cope with caring for and watching a loved one suffer through the awful experiences that having a mental illness can inflict on a person. Without the help and guidance provided by NAMI's experienced volunteers, and the knowledge provided through the course and associated materials (all funded via donations) I may have broken under the pressure and would certainly have caused more harm than good to the particular person in my life suffering with mental illness. I'm ultimately grateful for the help I have received and for what they do for the community and those suffering from mental illness and their families. This is the best way that I can give back and I need your help to do it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Some enlightening facts and figures about mental illness can be found here: http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Se...Management/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=53155

2. Leendrix

Leendrix The Cheeky One V.I.P. Member

That sounds like a great win/win. :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  3. cooljuk

Ah! The specs -

JPPre72

Neck:
    8.1k unbalanced coils
    Long UOA5 Magnet
    Bridge:
    7.8k unbalanced coils
    Long UOA5 Magnet

JPPost72
    Neck:
    8.1k unbalanced coils
    Long UOA5 Magnet
    Bridge:
    7.5k matched coils
    Short A5 Magnet

3 people like this.
  4. TheJrAce

TheJrAce Senior Member

Very cool brother. Shoot me a pm, have something to send your way.

1 person likes this.
  5. cooljuk

Thanks, man. Righton. PM'd!

6. cooljuk

Wait! What's that?!?! I should give away ANOTHER set to an MLP member who posts in this thread with no purchase needed?

Ok, if you guys are going to twist my arm! It IS the season of giving, after all. I'll f'ing do it! This brings the total value of the prizes given away to $750!

MORE FREE PICKUPS!!!
    :dude:

Same qualifications as my other MLP giveaways. You must be an MLP member prior to today 12/12/12 and post in this thread to be eligible. I'll choose a winner at random at the end of the promotion period, the end of January.

The winner of this MLP set can choose their poison. I'll build either set for you. Hell, I'll do a pictorial of the build and hand sign them if you want! My real first and middle names actually are James Patrick, after all. I just really want to get this NAMI promotion rolling in a big way. They need the help. They are cutting programs due to lack of funding and people need them. Please participate here, and even at no cost to you, you can be eligible to win either of these two new sets - your choice! The more you post here (something relevant and contributive would be ideal, please) - the more chances you have to win. Every post counts as an entry.

Please join me in easing the stresses and pain that mental illness inflicts on so many of our family members, friends, and colleagues. We, as musicians, certainly each know someone dealing with these burdens.

7 people like this.
  7. cooljuk

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dOXyah__PM[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  8. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

I'll donate for sure. I just needs to get off work and do it when I get home. Count me in.

1 person likes this.
  9. chupe442

chupe442 Confused as ever..... Premium Member

Bump for a good cause and a chance to support another winder here! No brainer!

1 person likes this.
  10. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member MLP Vendor V.I.P. Member

This is very kind of you to do James, thank you for choosing to help those with mental illness.

3 people like this.
  11. venijake

venijake Senior Member

Great cause... My family has great experience with their help as my sister has Cerebral Palsy. All that they do is great, the donation will help many. Thanks for doing this.

2 people like this.
  12. socialhero

socialhero Senior Member

A helluva promotion, by a helluva dude. Great work James.

I guess it's time to head to the ReWind site and start making a shopping list... :thumb:

2 people like this.
  13. DrakeZero

DrakeZero Senior Member

I'm in. Don't really need anything off the site, so I sent some money through the NAMI site.

2 people like this.
  14. chupe442

chupe442 Confused as ever..... Premium Member

I am in... again..!

2 people like this.
  15. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

:thumb:
    now that's a worthwhile charity

1 person likes this.
  16. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

Thank Cooljuk! Ill see If i can get enough in my funds to make a purchase for the cause :thumb:

Thanks for the giveaway as well!

2 people like this.
  17. cooljuk

For those with limited funds, your posts here still help promote the cause and enter you to win one of the three giveaway sets. Thank you!

I'll also be refining my website over the course of the next few days/weeks and part of that include a restructure of the way I sell my cables. I'll have a made-to-order area where you can choose each plug end of the cable and any length from 6" to 20". Considering I offer the "pancake back" Switchcraft 228 right angle plugs, this is a great opportunity to get your pedalboard cables at, what I think will be, the lowest price on earth. All done with Canare (or Mogami) and Switchcraft. Even if you don't meet the minimum of $50 to qualify for the website giveaway, 5% of your sale, no matter the amount, will go to NAMI Frederick. Your post here, even with NO purchase, will enter you in the giveaway of the third set.

Pretty much any action you take here is helping, so THANK YOU SO MUCH for your participation! I genuinely mean that.

2 people like this.
  18. socialhero

socialhero Senior Member

Hey James - will you be adding the JPP Zets to your site / can they be ordered yet - or the giveaway is their launch?

Also are the VLO PAFs part of this too? I don't see them on your site yet.

Just curious. I'm scheming what guitar might need a new set of pickups. Or maybe it's time to rewire my whole pedal board. :hmm:

1 person likes this.
  19. brokentoeswalker

brokentoeswalker Senior Member

Very nice thing you are doing in every respect.

2 people like this.
  20. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Senior Member

This is really awesome!

I also thought I should chime in to recommend James' pickups. I have a set of his Very Low Output humbuckers and love them. They sound great, the craftsmanship is terrific, and James is a great guy who really cares that you're happy with your pickups.

1 person likes this.