Forum policy on posting ebay auctions

Discussion in 'Front Desk' started by Annoying Twit, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Annoying Twit

Annoying Twit Senior Member

What's the forum policy (or at least general agreement) on posting ebay auctions. I'm looking at an auction now which is still low a few hours from the end. (I know, I know). On different forums, people seem to have different attitudes to raising the attention of others to auctions. On one forum, people ask others not to raise the attention of others to auctions unless they are BIN only, as forumites may already be watching the auctions ready to bid. On another forum, people seem to raise the attention of others to auctions, then not compete, with it being more or less agreed who the auction belongs to.

How does it work here?

2. -=[Shifty]=-

-=[Shifty]=- Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Dunno, man.
    If someone posts an auction and says that he's interested in buying the item, I keep my hands off of it. Can't speak for others, though.

3. UITA

UITA Senior Member

For me it's a case of I got more important things to deal with. I see your point but does it really matter and if people do get uptight about it well maybe they should buy an xbox or something.

It's an auction the sale goes to the highest bidder, quite simple really.

4. River

River Senior Member

That'd be unwise, IMO. Not everyone here is everyone else's "buddy", and the whole world can see the postings; Google throws 'em right up on the first page.

5. Annoying Twit

Annoying Twit Senior Member

On the other forum I mentioned, there is a chat box, where the chats are not archived after they've disappeared off the top of the screen. A better system for sharing auction info I think.

6. -=[Shifty]=-

-=[Shifty]=- Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

I agree. It happens a lot, though, especially when people want to know whether a guitar is fake or not. Even if they only post the pictures, it's no problem to find the item in question, if you're really interested in it.