For those with kids (drug related)

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by OHIOSTEVE, Feb 15, 2017.

1. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Not a word from my mom.....or my brother.....or my sister......nothing at all. Brother I see and talk to all the time so he was probably just busy.....

2. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Then again I didn't make effort to contact them either.

3. staffy

staffy Senior Member

There's a phone on both ends of the line...........(old jungle saying)

Bobby Mahogany likes this.
  4. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

Steve, your Mom, Sister and Brother might think the same.
    If you think that would be the right thing to do for anyone, give one or all a call.
    If it goes well, you'll be happy.
    If not, you'll know what you're dealing with.

My Best to you, Man!

Fiat Lux likes this.
  5. HearHear

HearHear Senior Member

Life is too short, really. My grandmother always said it to me when I was a kid, I never believed it. Now my grandparents and my mother are dead. Reach out to your mom and talk, she loves you deeper than any other woman ever will. Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting......... I'm betting you know the rest.

6. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Today for some reason is a very very bad day. House is empty adter the holiday. I have been a wreck all day and no idea why. Its been almost a year and NOW it decides to hit me like a truck.

Who likes this.
  7. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Steve, I bet I speak for many of us when I say.... I wish there was a "I hope the best for you and your family" button in this thread.

It leaves a tiny hole in the conversation, where we can't click "Like", since we don't "Like" that you are going through this.

Many many times, I'm sure the readers here have wanted to send good vibes your way.... but can't do it through our normal "like" method.

I know the "like" button is a silly thing on a forum, compared to your feelings. I want to let you know... if I click "like", I'm not "liking" your journey, I'm saying "MLP is here".

DADGAD likes this.
  8. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

I'm right there with ya. That's how my bipolar disorder feels. I slept for 12 hours last night and today I feel sapped. Managed to play guitar for 20 minutes and now I can barely move. Often times I go through the motions when talking with people, I tell them what they want to hear because I don't want to tell them how I really feel inside because I don't want to bring them down.

9. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Thats a perfect way to say it. I post here because I don't have to explain, just do.

NewDayHappy likes this.
  10. lunchbox

lunchbox Senior Member

I read through most of this thread. I'm so sorry for what happened to your son. I have 2 sons myself (2 and 8) and am always worrying about the choices they'll make in the future. The only thing my wife and I can do is to give them our love, strong self esteem, and a sense of right and wrong decisions and values. The rest is up to them, just as it was up to me when I made my terrible decisions as a younger man. Luckily, my moral base that I was raised from by my parents prevailed, and I'm nothing like the person I was 25 years ago, thankfully.

I hope you see him again in the afterlife and are able to give him a big hug.

11. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

12. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I am not exactly sure how to take your post. I know that as a parent I was not perfect. But I do not believe I contributed to Jakes drug addiction. Sometimes the best you can do is not enough. Jake was raised with love and discipline. He was not raised in church until he was older and on his own. He started going to church and was baptised not a very long time before he died. I carry enough guilt for his death without stuff like this being posted. This coming wednesday would have been his 29th birthday. I am not looking forward to it. These last couple of weeks have been rough. Wednesday is gonna be really really bad I am afraid. I am trying to think of something to get my wifes mind distracted at least a little bit.

Bytor1958 likes this.
  13. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

I think Bytor may have replied to the thread title, without reading the content.

Steve, I hope 2018 is good to you.

14. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Thanks... I would like to think he did not intend it the way I took it.

Who likes this.
  15. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

Who, I know what it was about. Just thought I'd I would add something a little off beat.

Who likes this.
  16. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

Steve, I read the thread and this had come across something I had read. It wasn't meant to offend or confuse anyone.

My condolences to you and sorry for what had happened.

Who likes this.
  17. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Today would have been Jakes 29th birthday. So far not as bad as I had imagined but not great. Angie is staying busy piddling around the house. Once again I hope you guys know how much I appreciate you all.

18. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

FWIW, I've seen kids from terrible home situations grow up to be outstanding people and I've seen kids from wonderful loving families grow up to be complete delinquents. I'm sure we all have. All you can do is raise them the best you can. At some point they become responsible for their own decisions. That's not on you.

19. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

I agree with you Kflower8.

I come from a family were Alcohol, drugs and even suicide have destroyed parts of our family. I seen some of my friends destroy their families with drugs and alcohol also.

Just don't feel guilty for what your son did. Because in the end it will do the same to you and your family.
    I truly understand where you come from.

20. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

No guilt for the way he was raised...none. guilt is from not bailing him out of jail. Orobably would have made no difference....but maybe....... who knows.