For those with kids (drug related)

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by OHIOSTEVE, Feb 15, 2017.

1. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

I'm really sorry, I can't imagine the pain you're in but I think your son would be proud of your music. You posted a video of a song that went something "the bottom of the bottle is a bad place to be", I was searching all over so I could listen to it again but I couldn't find it anywhere. I listened to that song twice in a row when you posted it.

2. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

sorry for the op. Heroin and whatever the hell they cut it with these days has taken the life of my youngest half brother 4 months ago. Even worse than the drugs themselves are the drug apologists and legalizationists. I opened this thread thinking there'd be the first defense of ruining your own life/down with authority post, but there was not. I have just a little less cynicism now.

KP11520 and jeff_farkas like this.
  3. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Sorry for your loss Joey. If it is any comfort, I have discussed this with a trauma nurse and more than one addict that has been revived with narcan. One several times. They have all assured me there was no pain or awareness involved. Your brother basically went to sleep and didn't wake up.

4. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/ec506e...4b357/mom-dies-cleaning-up.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

A Pennsylvania coroner believes that a 69-year-old woman who died earlier this month likely came into contact with a deadly substance while cleaning up her son’s drug paraphernalia. Theresa Plummer, 69, died on Nov. 6, just one day after finding her son, Ronald Plummer, unresponsive in the bathroom, WJACTV.com reported.

Plummer became short of breath after cleaning up her son’s overdose and was taken to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, which is where her son was rushed just a day earlier. He died one day after his mother.

“This is caution for safety for anyone coming into contact with any type of powder substance,” Jeff Lees, Cambria County coroner, said, according to WJACTV.com. “You should use extreme caution and notify the proper authorities. My strong advice to any family that may have this happen to them is to call law enforcement to have them or EMS services come back and remove the substance or material that may have been left behind.”

Lees said toxicology reports for both Plummer and Ronald are pending.

5. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear this Bruce. Peace to you and everybody affected by this plague around your half brother. From where your parents are now, I bet they're quite proud of the path you chose! Even if maybe they never said it!

Keep being you! You are the proof that good choices are available despite the environment. And for that, you should be QUITE proud.

Keep Rockin and say hi to the Sicilian!

Joeydego likes this.
  6. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Peace to you as well Steve. It's like a sine wave that will keep coming for a long time. half the time you're above the line and half below. Time will make the heights and dips less intense.

But you will see him again. Just not for a long time. As it should be for you. Live Long and Prosper.

7. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

BlankinLoud likes this.
  8. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

You crushed that one, I love that song.

9. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Thanks.. one of the few I have written.

Pop1655 and NewDayHappy like this.
  10. Fiat Lux

Fiat Lux Senior Member

I’d love to help, Steve, but no one can make it easier for you...

Focus on the good stuff. Celebrate the good stuff.

Cheers

Pop1655 likes this.
  11. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I know down deep this is just coincidence... I have told you guys before that I do not know what I believe........ for the last hour or so my malinois has been acting strange. Won't stay on his bed...walked over and leaned against the couch. Like a drunk leaning against the wall.... he climbed up on the couch acting like he was hearing something..... three pictures hanging on the wall one of each son and one of em together as babies. Been hanging there for at least ten years or more. Jakes fell off the wall. No one touched or bumoed it, just fell.

12. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

it is odd how thing happen.... My buddy was just here and brought a guy I did not know, and that guys 14 year old son.( he asked first) .. I was playing the guitar and my buddy asked the guy if he knew Charlie Lewis ( my dad) Guy said oh yeah I knew him real well even borrowed his Martin one time. I told him that guitar was in the corner, and that Charlie was my dad.. he started telling me stories of how he knew my dad and all of the drinking and other things and how he had a problem but was 1 year clean ( I know my buddy would not have him around if that were not true) I said yeah I know that stuff too well . His son asked why and I told him about Jake. I said " Thats him in that picture" The guy turned around and when he saw the picture he broke down......He knew Jake, had just met him right before he died and they had played guitars together. he told me he had no idea that Charlie was Jaks grandpa or that I was Jakes dad. he said he entire time they were playing all Jake talked about was how this guy needed to meet me and how good I was at playing. He told me Jake idolized me in every way. I really NEEDED to hear that . especially knowing it was right before he died. I had a long heart to heart talk with his son about that life and drugs. I hope it sank in. I think it helped the dad more.

Bobby Mahogany, Who and Pop1655 like this.
  13. E1WOOD5150

E1WOOD5150 Purveyor of Joke Grenades

Steve, the Lord works in mysterious ways. The gentleman was put in front of you, so that you'd receive that message about Jake, and brought the young son so that you could reinforce the message about drugs. This is a blessing, or mitzvah (depending on your religion)...Take it. Bask in it. Don't question it! Enjoy it and give Jake a thumbs up, 'cause I'd bet he helped orchestrate the whole thing, somehow.

Now, about the dog and the picture? I got nothin'...:)

Pop1655 likes this.
  14. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

That's awesome, Steve. Glad you got to hear this. Keep your head up.

15. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I may have posted this before but within my circle of friends/acquaintances there are 8 of us who have lost children. My wife and I being the most recent. They have told me that firsts would be very difficult. They weren't lying. I knew it would be hard but I never imagined this.
    I think the rift with my mom and sister has added to it. You guys who have read this far know that story. I got a text on my birthday in August. Thats the only contact. They have no valid reason to be mad at me. I have despised this time of year most of my adult life. It is now at a whole other level.
    As a parent, you never imagine a holiday without one of your kids. I would give everything I own if I had just bailed him out.

16. LPMarshall Hack

LPMarshall Hack Senior Member

Steve I can’t imagine your pain. God bless you brother.

17. Gmal

Gmal Senior Member

Wish there was anything I could do to bring you peace of mind, Steve. Hang in there buddy. I remember my aunt, who had a very similar experience to you, also saying that the firsts are the worst.

Who likes this.
  18. Who

Who I'm back. Back in the New York groove.

Steve,

I can't imagine what you're going through. I have followed this thread. I wish you and your family well.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm convinced some good will come for your posts here.

Gmal and Pop1655 like this.
  19. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I've been thinking about you and anticipated your post before it showed up.
    Hate to see it, but knew it was coming.
    I agree with Who's well stated thoughts.
    Peace brother.

20. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

God has blessed me in many ways. I have a wife that would give her life for me. She worships me . I have been my own boss for many years. People are actually paying me to play music. I have friends who would cut your throat just for me asking. I have good health.....
    Thanks..... the posts here do me good......And I have had a few pms from people who have children that have asked advice or asked my thoughts on how to handle situations. One even had his son read this thread. Jake would have been one to set down and tell a kid to never ever do what he was doing. For all of the bad he sure loved kids but never had any that we know of. He had 2 girlfriends sneak off and have abortions. He left both, and the second one sent him back to the heroin after a year clean.