For those with kids (drug related)

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by OHIOSTEVE, Feb 15, 2017.

1. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I know there are some of you who were concerned with this so I will finish this thread and be done with it.... The sentencing for cameron wilkins was August 1st. I was asked to give a statement and I did. Among other things I begged the judge to not devalue Jakes life any more than they already had with the plea deal. he assured me that he valued everyones life and even with camerons extensive record all the way back to juvenile, and with me telling the judge that his friends and family were condoning his actions and proclaiming that whet he did was not wrong and even with the police reporting that he had zero remorse, the judge gave him 3 years for jakes death...1.5 years for the conveyance and 1.5 years for all of the parole violations....all to run concurrently. so he got 3 years. everyone except his lawyers and his family was outraged.

The next day I went to the jail and got copies of every piece of evidence they had and talked to a detective that I trust.....going over the evidence and talking to the detective there are some glaring screw ups. ...... starting with the report of the CO who checked wilkins into the jail and did the search. He reported that wilkins repeatedly refused to do the bend over and spread em and it took 4 times for him to complete it as ordered. AND he was never ordered to do a squat and cough which is SOP...Given his history that should have triggered the CO to lock him down in a dry cell and do a more in depth search.........

According to the detective the facility is a direct control unit and there is a CO in the pod who is supposed to do an hourly inmate check and head count. According to him this next part should have been caught and triggered an investigation. according to every witness who interacted with wilkins and jake after wilkins arrived they were obviously and visually " high as fuck" and no one in charge noticed.

On video you can see jake and wilkins and another inmate going under the stairwell and huddling together repeatedly... no one noticed this or deemed it irregular. apparently there is a monitoring station and whoever was monitoring did not catch it.

According to eye witnesses wilkins had a " large quantity" of drugs and this never went into the official report.

when the officers started searching they had shut off the water to prevent flushing the drugs. wilkins pulled the drugs outta his ass and put the fentanyl in the toilet ( still in baggies) , pissed all over it then piled toilet paper on top. they brought in dogs who did not find it and NO ONE checked the toilet full of toilet paper. No one knows where the rest of the drugs went.

If you guys remember the man contacting me saying that jake asked for help and none came. I blew it off......well according to a guy I know who stopped here and was in the cell under Jakes it is true. He said Jake was puking all night and he was so bad one of the other inmates hit his intercom and told em they better get back there and no one came. Again I blew it off, but in the official statements more than one inmate reported this as being 100% true.

The information I got included pics of Jakes body and face after resuscitation attempts failed. try that on for size once. I was warned but I had to look at em. I wish I hadn't. The report associated with that said the EMT's did not attempt to resuscitate because the machine they use to shock reads for any rhythm to work with and there was none so they made no attempt. I don't consider that a screw up. other than I am not sure I could just not try. No mention of narcan being used at all. his hair was still wet from sweating in the pics so he had not been dead long.

the CO report stated he checked on jake at 12:30 and was concerned enough he ordered the cell opened up and went inside. he said Jake appeared as if he had just woke up. Every subsequent check he was setting on the edge of his bed leaned back against the wall snoring. until the 5:30 check and he was slumped over dead. Inmates say that is impossible because you could hear him puking for hours. BUT autopsy says he still had stomach content so who knows. I can't see how different people , some of whom shipped out to prison the next day and have had no contact gave the same statements.

I watched wilkins interviews after they discovered jakes body... over 2 hours of him trying to get the cops to charge another inmate for it. I also watched the interviews with the inmate he was trying to blame. this guy is a druggie but he never rolled until they offered him proof that wilkins was putting it all on him. Once they told wilkins he was hung, he confessed and asked if he could just get probation again.

To those of you who have watched and read this and offered advice and sympathy, thank you. Take care

Kris Ford and redjunior like this.
  2. Fiat Lux

Fiat Lux Senior Member

F*ckng f*cking f*ck f*ck f*cking f*ckers...

Bobby Mahogany and redjunior like this.
  3. HeartString

HeartString Non Prominent MBR Premium Member

So very sorry Steve.

4. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I would not be done

5. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I apologize for dragging this back up again but I wanted to address pops last post.. we have spoken to 4 different lawyers and every one told us even though we have a case we will not win against the county. I have good days and bad days. today is a very very bad day. today is a day I wish I was a drinker. Yesterday it occurred to me about 4 in the afternoon that I had not thought about him all day. for some reason that hit me really hard ... i have a show tonight and 2 tomorrow and I am a mental wreck right now. i honestly think if it weren't for my wife and my other son I would already be gone. Once again , even though I said I was done with this thread posting here is good for me so I apologize for dragging this thread back up but I need it.

6. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

Steve, please hang in there. Drinking, or thoughts of other "remedies" will not resolve this for you. The fact that you had the better part of a day NOT thinking about it is a GOOD sign. Yeah, it is something to dislike, as you feel like that is some kind of betrayal of his memory, but really it is the first step towards thinking of him in ONLY GOOD ways. Consider it the first big step in healing towards getting back to normal.

You are always welcome to bring this up with us. We are your community. We have your back. Feel free to PM Me anytime you need to talk.

Bill

electric head, Pop1655 and Fiat Lux like this.
  7. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Well said Bill.
    Steve: hang tough bud

bilbarstow likes this.
  8. Bobby Mahogany

Bobby Mahogany Senior Member

Don't worry or apologize for using this thread to unload a little. Or a lot.
    We're there to "listen" and we truly support your efforts to go through this.
    So just let loose on us and we'll be gad you did.

:thumb:

Ed B likes this.
  9. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

Thanks guys... much better after tonights show.

bilbarstow likes this.
  10. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I was on stage last saturday night... playing WISH YOU WERE HERE. I have played it maybe a dozen times and it is a hard song for me but doable and I feel like the audience can feel the difficulty or misery or whatever. BUT saturday for some reason I broke. I had to literally stop on stage , regroup and finish. It is funny how it ebbs and flows. One day fine.. next day fine.. next day BLAM!!! And it is odd what triggers it.. for me most times it is a song or a line in a song.

11. Fiat Lux

Fiat Lux Senior Member

Treasure the good times, mate.

Cheers

12. meatball

meatball Senior Member

Sorry to hear it my friend. IM me and we can talk if you would like ,, I just attended a funeral for my best mans son who did the same thing .. Came from a great home and yet Bad association was his downfall ...I am hoping you are. Getting better soon ... sorry buddy ,, MLP was a great comfort when I lost both of my parents ,, great people here to assist you when you jsut want to vent ,,,

13. E1WOOD5150

E1WOOD5150 Purveyor of Joke Grenades

As others have said, every member of this forum is here to help you through this. Bitch all you want. Post to this thread through the tears. Get mad. Vent and relieve the pressure you feel. Grief never goes away, but the overwhelming grief lessens over time. You will ALWAYS grieve for your son. We got you.

Ed B likes this.
  14. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

thanks.. it is appreciated. as I said the ebb and flow surprises me and the suddenness of the grief is amazing to me.. one second fine and literally a second later just WHAM.

15. Ed B

Ed B Senior Member

What was the reaction of the crowd when this happened? I've seen artists breakdown mid song. It's some of the most powerful stuff there is. The reaction was never bad. I hope that was the case for you.

Anytime I play that song I get somber thinking of friends and loved ones that I lost. I can only imagine the impact it could have on you.

To reiterate, don't apologize for getting these things off your chest here. No one is bothered by it.

16. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

99% of the audience were close friends who knew.... the rest were great.

Ed B likes this.
  17. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

I am so sorry, I don't know what else to say but my eyes tear up just reading your posts, I can't imagine... Whatever you do, don't give up and stay strong. I'm glad you're not a drinker, alcohol will just make it worse.

18. prs97

prs97 Senior Member

I'm sorry for your loss OP.

We just celebrated my brother-in-law's 35th birthday at his grave. He OD'd on heroin/fentanyl five months ago.

The wreckage is something I never would have imagined.

The comments about the company we keep are hitting really close to home for our situation.

Best of luck in your road to healing. I guess it's one difficult step at a time for a long time.

19. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

And again it rises........ playing a show last night and a couple from my hometown looked up where I was playing and came to see me. I do not know them but they knew of me.... anyway the wife asked if I had any family from our town that she might know. I told her my familys names and she said oh Stephanie is your sister? I said yes and she told me she used to work with her and was devistated to hear about her son dying. I told her it was my son but my sister acts like he was hers and just lets people assume.

20. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I am having a really bad stretch. About the last week. I keep thinking that I will never see him again and he never got to see me play a show. I wish I had just tried one more time to get him home and get him clean.... damn this is still killin me 9 months later.