For those with kids (drug related)

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by OHIOSTEVE, Feb 15, 2017.

1. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

If you have kids, and those kids have friends, whatever those friends are doing, so are your kids. One of the worst mistakes.... In retrospect the worst I guess.... Was believing that my son could hang out with low lifes and not be one. At 9:00 this morning there was a knock on my door. It was a sheriffs deputy to tell my wife and I that our youngest son was dead from an apparent heroin overdose. He was in jail and somehow got heroin smuggled in. He was 28 years old. I am not posting this for sympathy. You don't know me or him and to most of you I am comic relief. He was a junkie... He was a thief and he chose his path. He was not raised to be that way, but I guess every parent of a junkie says that. We did everything that we knew to do to help him but he always went back. So if you have kids talk to them. Pay attention to their friends. Be the best parent you can. And even then you have no guarantees.

2. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Oh my god,brother,I am so sorry. This damn epidemic of heroin:mad2:

Duane_the_tub likes this.
  3. HeartString

HeartString Slag Eater Premium Member

My deepest sympathies to you and yours. We almost lost our nephew. It could still happen though.

4. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

You may not be asking for my sympathy, but my brother, youve got it.
    I'm terribly sorry for this loss. Kids do kid **** and kid **** is the most retarded of all ****.
    Thanks for the warning. My oldest is coming up on 12, and it's really time to start monitoring and helping him make his choices. Luckily we're friends with most of his best friends' parents and have been for years, so at least we've known all the possible influences from when they were babies, but I'm not letting my guard down.
    Rip.

5. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

So sorry, Steve. Regardless of his choices, this must hurt. My thoughts are with you.

6. Dilemma

Dilemma Loud Pipes Ruin Naps Premium Member

I can't even begin to imagine what you're dealing with here. If there's a bigger tragedy I don't know what it'd be.

So very sorry for your loss.

7. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers sent.

8. bilbarstow

bilbarstow Premium Member

Steve, so very sorry to hear of this for you and your family. The mid-west is just crawling with this heroin epidemic. Whatever his behavior(s), he was still your son. Please know that we care here at MLP, and you can protest about not wanting sympathy all you want, but you're going to get it anyway.

My deepest empathy for you in your loss.

Bill

9. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

Thoughts and prayers your way. So sorry to hear this.

10. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

I am sorry Steve. I guess part of you knew something like this was bound to happen. You probably don't even know what you are feeling yet. It will reveal itself when the time is right. Hopefully soon! And work through it when it does. Maybe with lots of help.

I had an aunt that was 4 years older than me. Like a sister when we were younger. In her mid teens, she found her purpose in life and stuck with it to the very end. At 19 while I was in the room, she wrote a letter crying and went to sleep. My brother and I found a bottle of seconals or maybe tuinals that was filled that day empty. Opened the letter and yes, she was checking out. Got her to the hospital in time. But she never got any counseling. The rest of her life was a roller coaster. Even shot up with her son. And then one day when she was 48, her daughter (14) couldn't get in and had to go in through the window with help. And there she was, needle still in her arm.

I think this was what she chose to learn in this life and God agreed. Every step of her life, the Universe made the learning easy. Only God knows the real reasons and they are on the other side of the veil.

Peace to you and yours! And keep sending him your love. He needs it now more than ever and it will help you heal too!

Joeydego likes this.
  11. northernguitarguy

northernguitarguy SWeAT hOg

The sh*t is everywhere. Canada's current drug problem (especially out west) is the fentanyl and carfentanyl deaths.

Hugging my boys extra tight right now.

12. jeff_farkas

jeff_farkas Senior Member

Oh .. sad and my sympathies. RIP

J..

13. Actinic

Actinic Senior Member

Steve, don't blame yourself. Even if you could counter-rotate the Earth, there are some things in life that can't be undone. We have lost quite a few relatives before their time. 'Why' is all we can ask, but there is no simple answer.

14. LPMarshall Hack

LPMarshall Hack Senior Member

I'm so sorry to hear the Steve. It's things like this that make me think when people say drugs are a victimless crime.

15. jdto

jdto Pretend Human Premium Member

That's terrible news. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

16. redcoats1976

redcoats1976 Senior Member

im sorry for your loss.sometimes no matter how hard you try as a parent it has no effect on the path your kids take.

17. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

18. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I don't blame myself. I am human and I make mistakes. I am 51 years old and have never even smoked weed. Not once ever. So the drugs he didn't get from me or his mother. But when he first started hanging out with the wrong kids in school (not blaming them, he was one of them I guess) I wish I had put a stop to it. I was the kid in school who was friends with both sides of the tracks and assumed he could be the same and not fall to the influence. So once again, if your child has a friend whongets in trouble for whatever. The odds are high your child is involved in it. There is no turning back the clock. They may hate you for being strict now. But at least they will be there to hate you.

19. Malikon

Malikon Best Match! Are You Ready? Henshin! V.I.P. Member

Jeezus.

Man I'm so sorry for the pain you must be feeling. I couldn't wish that on anyone.

20. GitFiddle

GitFiddle Senior Member

I have no words. Thinking of you and your wife.