for the tone-masters

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by MIDNIGHT, Sep 4, 2007.

1. MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

hey guys! :wave:

i don't have it yet, but i'm already so psyched about it :applause:

i'm gonna be getting my new guitar pretty soon, w/ a new amp, too, btw.. :fingersx:

ya'll think you can rate from 1 - 10 the potential quality of sound i can get out of the combination of the following:? :D

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Trans Blue

+

Marshall AVT50X

+

Boss ME-50

much appreciated ya'll :hippie:

2. LoKi

LoKi V.I.P. Member

The newer Epi Standards are very nice guitars. I didn't really like the bridge pickup in my first Epi, and haven't bought another one since... but the neck pickup was quite nice.

If you can afford the extra amount, I'd recommend the AVT150... it has an acoustic simulator and a really nice set of features.

The Boss ME-50 is a pretty nice multi-unit. Its all COSM *which is modelled effects* but it can do almost every boss stomp box ever put out in one package.

I'm not sure what kind of music you like to play but you can definitely have some fun with that gear.

I tried an ME-50 through the low gain input on my JCM 800 and it sounded amazing actually... but because the effects are modelled, the overdrives don't really push the front end of a tube amp the way an actual boost pedal would... but there are other options in that thing that can emulate a boost situation. The Blues Driver settings on that thing are smokin'! Better than the stomp box itself.

Have fun with it! That is the main thing!

3. MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

sweeeet! i can't wait! :applause: