For Sale/Trade: 1968 Gretsch Rally, Made in USA, Green, Bigsby, Rad, Player!

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by vaguely, Dec 6, 2018.

1. vaguely

vaguely Silver Supporter

Hey Guys,

I have a mostly original Green Gretsch Rally from 1968 I'd like to sell. I have it posted on Reverb here:

https://reverb.com/item/17416157-gretsch-rally-1968-green-bigsby-usa-made-hollow-body-hsc

I will knock $100 off for anyone on this website though, bringing the price down to $1600 shipped, continental US.

It is in good shape overall, plays quite easily and sounds awesome. Some of these have a yellow paint job and others an opaque Green color. This one is translucent Green and about 10 times better-looking than its stable mates. Apologies, but c'mon this thing oozes vibe. The neck is nice! Beautiful rosewood board, and the thumb inlay-deal is just f-king cool. It's got its fair share of bumps and scratches, some fading in areas, lowish frets, some rotten binding etc. but it's priced to reflect this. The guys at CME (where I bought it) said it had had a neck reset but I can't tell, and either way, the angle seems quite nice and it does play easily. I don't think the case is original but it seems "period correct" and works 100%. I took the pickguard off, and it does have a small crack but it's easy to reconnect and works just fine. I also have a period-correct Gretsch bridge that I will include. Right now the guitar is fitted with a Gibson-type ABR/Nashville bridge which is cool because it can be intonated. The bridge assembly is not adhered to the top, so having an adjustable bridge is good stuff...

Not looking for any trades except an Orange Rockerverb!

Thanks for looking! Questions welcome, of course.

IMG_8663.JPG IMG_8667.JPG IMG_8677.JPG

IMG_8663.JPG IMG_8667.JPG IMG_8677.JPG IMG_8676.JPG

IMG_8674.JPG

2. vaguely

vaguely Silver Supporter

weekend bump!