Football Night

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Frogfur, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

Broncos got their tail ends spanked 28 to 42 by The Vikings. I knew they are a bunch of whimps ..

CRobbins likes this.

2. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

Yep ..first preseason game always defines a teams success.....LOL

3. parts

parts Senior Member

PeeSeason..means nothing.. A Glorified scrimmage..

4. defcrew

defcrew Senior Member

And a total rip off for season tickets holders who have to pay full price for these scrimmages.

5. spitfire

spitfire Senior Member

I'll certainly agree that who wins or loses means very little. By the 2nd half you have 3rd stringers out there. And I assume the games are opportunities for coaches to try some things and of course judge players. But just as the coaches learn things about their team, us fans get some insight into what to expect. And it's fun to see some of the new talent and begin to get re-familiarized with teams.

As a long, long time Vikings fan, I was pleased to see that Kirk Cousins played well. One drive does not a season make, but given a choice would you want the team you root for to play the way the Vikings or Broncos did in their opening drives?

I just hope Siemian plays well. With the Vikings recent track record with QB's, Cousins will be out for the season by the third game. Hell Bridgewater didn't even make it to the first regular season game a few seasons back.

Anyway, we all go into the season with high expectations, well everyone but Browns fans and sober Lions fans. In the end, only one team wins it all. I just hope for my team to be competitive in games. Nothing sucks more than going a whole season knowing your team is likely to lose most every game they play.

I honestly don't know how Browns fan's do it. I just looked, the Browns have had just 3 winning seasons in the last 30 years. 30 YEARS! And their last was 11 years ago (2007). That has got to suck. Just what did the Browns do to piss off the football gods? My hat's off to any Browns fans out there. That's loyalty!

Scooter2112 and NRBQ like this.

6. NRBQ

NRBQ Senior Member

In the big picture, preseason games mean nothing, but Jets rookie QB Sam Darnold played fairly well in his NFL debute, and I'd rather him look poised and not rattled whatever the situation. We'll see how it progresses, but I think the Jets may have finally found a good one, I also think he may end up starting week one, just a hunch.

7. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

I'm boycotting another season. I'm not going to watch any NFL till the straighten out this mess.

Scooter2112 and Redfish like this.

8. Redfish

Redfish Senior Member

I couldn't agree more. I'm not supporting a bunch of crying punks.

Bytor1958 likes this.

9. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

You forgot Millionaire in that. What did they do in the off season? I didn't hear they were in the hood fixing things.

Frogfur likes this.

10. dspelman

dspelman Senior Member

More for us. Your preferred method of protesting is to boycott the season.

I don't see this as a mess, and the NFL, honestly, couldn't care less. I don't care if players stand on their heads or show PowerPoint slides. It lasts the two and a half minutes the anthem plays and then it's football.

In any case, I'm watching football.

spitfire and rxbandit like this.

11. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling lol V.I.P. Member

12. The General

The General Senior Member

The only preseason game that is even remotely interesting, even to a FB fanatic like me, is the 3rd game. At least the starters play the first half, if not into the 3rd quarter. The 1st and 4th games are a complete waste for fans...….

parts likes this.

13. WaywerdSon

WaywerdSon Senior Member

I'm still somewhat confused as to why we even play the anthem at ballgames. I have never understood the point of it. We dont play the anthem before a movie. We dont play the anthem before a golf match. Why at a football game? And I also could care less what the players do. I dont take football advice from Bill Clinton. I sure dont take political advice from a guy who had the nickname Moose in college

rxbandit and Crotch like this.

14. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I've been saying it for years. Dance for me clown. Run fast, jump high, catch ball. Font give a fuck about anything else's you do. Certainly not the social or political stance of millionaires who work 6 months a year playing a sport. I'm sure they're really in tune with the factory worker down the block.

(still should probably stand for anything to do with this country though)

15. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    WaywerdSon likes this.

16. fett

fett Double Platinum Supporter

I'm bumping this. Check out my previous post.

17. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

FOOTBALL!!!!!

18. Pappy58

Pappy58 Senior Member

I dont know what you've been watching? The NFL is scrambling because sponsors are standing on their necks! The NFL has no leadership to speak of anymore. It's NOT going away until all owners take Jerrah's stance! Idiots that bite the hands that feed them! #SMH

19. WaywerdSon

WaywerdSon Senior Member

Honest, if the TV cameras didnt focus on it and people would just STFU about it it would all go away in a few weeks and we can get back to politics free football, as it should be