Florida MLP peeps, sound off!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Skyjerk, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Skyjerk

Skyjerk Meatbomb Silver Supporter

I know theres a few of us down there. Knightro, emoney, and others

Let us know how you're doing (when you can!)

KnightroExpress likes this.
  2. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

They already did..with two cans of air freshner..where have you been ?

3. Skyjerk

I...er...uh...

I dont know what this means :)

Frogfur likes this.
  4. fatdaddypreacher

fatdaddypreacher V.I.P. Member

glad to see you're well, chris. hope and pray the others and the rest of florida did okay. whatever happened, it appears it could have been worse.

Skyjerk and Frogfur like this.
  5. Skyjerk

I'm in PA, so Irma is just a news story for me, but I'm hoping the FL people are all OK.

mux164 likes this.
  6. fatdaddypreacher

gotcha. oh, well, still glad you're okay :)

SlingBlader and Skyjerk like this.
  7. DarrellV

DarrellV Likes > Posts Silver Supporter Premium Member

Pretty sure he's referring to the LtDave and Robertaux thread in the Backstage. :hmm:

It seems the Lt was a little gassy after his plane trip and now the 2 of them are shut up in Rob's home so.....:eek:

We've been keeping in touch with those 2 since LtDave flew into Deland Fl to hang out with Robert. :eek2:

I was thinking this might get some more attention over there, but it's your OP! A good one too! :cheers:

8. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

I just talked to my folks, bit west of Tallahassee, and it's pretty calm there at the moment. Their friends and my siblings are getting some pretty bad weather inside the city though.

9. lowatter

lowatter Senior Member

I'm in NW South Carolina(south of Greenville/north of Greenwood) and we are right now getting 30-60 mph winds with a lot of rain. My wife and I have 6 acres FULL of huge extremely tall white and red oaks, hickory and dogwoods etc and I'm praying my house isn't going to be taken out. There is risks of tornadoes and the power is out throughout most of our areas. I was soaked all day at work and I was white knuckle driving trying to get home on my 40 min commute that took over an hour. I drive a full-size service van and i was rocking and rolling all the way home dodging limbs and debris. I couldn't imagine what Floridians went through. My wife and I almost moved to the south Tampa area and glad we didn't. Thoughts and prayers for those suffering from Irma and Harvey...and possibly Jose.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  10. KnightroExpress

KnightroExpress Senior Member

Just got home a few hours ago, we evacuated to the West Palm Beach area (my aunt's house is built like a tank) when it became clear that Irma was going to head directly for Tampa. Upon returning, there's a fair amount of fallen trees and associated debris, but nothing too serious as far as we saw. Our family and friends are safe, our apartment is undamaged, and we have power and water. Hopefully, the same is true for any MLPers in the storm's path.

Oh, and my shop is ok too :D
    IMG_20170911_160948.jpg

fleahead, SlingBlader, pshupe and 3 others like this.
  11. lowatter

lowatter Senior Member

Awesome news Knightro! I wish we had power. Been out for 7 hours now. BTW...we lived in Riverview for 6 months and almost moved there 12 years ago.

12. fatdaddypreacher

electricity is overrated.....just ask barnaby. but we do hope you get power back soon.

valvetoneman likes this.
  13. Leña_Costoso

Leña_Costoso Senior Member

Basic Gilligans Island here. Water in a bottle. Food is a can of chunky soup and saltines (no salt kind actually). Got a case of soup so set to go for two weeks.
    No coffee. Warm beer. Cold showers.
    About two charges left from usb battery then thats it. No gasoline.

14. fatdaddypreacher

wow hang tough

15. NotScott

NotScott Silver Supporter Premium Member

I am in Hollywood, FL. Overall, it wasn't too bad in my neighborhood. I expected it to be like Wilma damage and it appears to have been less. There was some significant flooding to the east of me and there is still a curfew in effect.

The storm seemed to last forever. We had almost 24 hours of continuous strong gusts. Amazingly, our power stayed on throughout Saturday night and didn't go out until 9:30 AM Sunday. Even more amazing, it was restored by 9:30 Sunday night! Cellular communications and data were sketchy until about 6:00 PM last night. Good thing too because I am tethering through my phone for Internet service right now. I do have a boil water order in my town, probably through this week, but that was to be expected. My town administrators and managers are not the best at their jobs, particularly the public works department.

The only significant damage I had was from a large tree in my backyard. It was uprooted and besides taking out my storage shed and 8' of concrete fencing, it also ripped out my cable/internet and landline connections:

[​IMG]
    I have a buddy on the way over with a chainsaw to help clean it up.

Overall, I would say the response from all authorities and services has been fantastic. The federal and state authorities in particular have been great. I think this will be a model for responsible disaster response in the future. It was that good.

I hope everyone else here fared well.

fatdaddypreacher likes this.