First Gig in 17 Years, LOVE my AC30C2!!

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by yamariv, Sep 23, 2017.

1. yamariv

yamariv Senior Member

Just wanted to post a quick thread to give the AC30C2 some Kudos as it is a great all around gigging amp in my opinion. I recently sold my AC15C1 cause I found it didn't have enough presence on its own in my band practice setting and upgraded to the 212 AC30C2 which is a GIANT improvement in full sounding gigging Rawkness!!

On Thursday night I had my first live bar show in a long time and I used my AC30. We were mic'd through a PA and the setting was a medium sized club. We started the show and I could barely hear myself on stage and got a little worried. Then I turned up the AC30 and all worries were gone!! :naughty::lol: That thing sounded so full an glorious at 1/3rd volume I rested assured it had a lot more to go in case I ever needed it! If anyone's thinking of an AC30C2 for a gigging amp do it, it has TONNES of headroom and is a great pedal platform with the 2 Greenbacks! :dude:

ht-57 likes this.
  2. TheWGuitar

TheWGuitar Senior Member

Glad to year that you love that amp! I have the similar AC30CC2, with the twin inputs (normal/top boost) and the vox speakers instead of Celestions.
    I'm not a gigging musician, but have jammed around with plenty of friends, and you can definitely rest easy knowing that (if need be), you have the capability to be the loudest person in the room, unless one of the other guitar guys is playing a Marshal stack, or a Fender Super Six Reverb. :laugh2:
    I can get this amp pretty loud while staying relatively clean too!

3. chef

chef Senior Member

I have the head CCX variant.

It is very loud, agree. Try it through some closed back cabs. Unique amp for sure, compared to fender/Marshall types.

I can play reasonably loud at home but can't wind that amp up fully. People have put power scaling in these amps to good effect.

yamariv likes this.
  4. matthew bear

matthew bear Senior Member

I really liked mine when I had it. I didn't care for the reverb but I had a real affection for the normal channel set dirty :cool:

5. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Pound for pound, it has a lot of pounds.

matthew bear, chef and yamariv like this.
  6. yamariv

yamariv Senior Member

Haha, yes it does! In both ways of the meaning!

chef likes this.
  7. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Helloooooooo Dolly!!

yamariv likes this.
  8. chef

chef Senior Member

The head is heavy... the combo requires gym training or a dolly. Can be had relatively cheap used, I'm assuming that's part of the reason, along with the loudness.