Fine Guitars FN serial Les Pauls?

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Miguello, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Miguello

Miguello Junior Member

Are these any better or worse than other Korean Factory guitars? Anything to look out for? Someone local has a black standard and wants to trade for a MIM Strat, of which I happen to have two of currently. Not a humongous fan of solid color Les Pauls as a general rule, but Korean LP's do it for me. Especially if they weigh a metric f**k ton, lol. The heavy ones seem to be higher toned and ring out better, especially my 04 Saein Cherry Burst. I dropped some GFS zebras in it, and I swear it sounds perfect. No mud and clarity is pretty astounding.

Here's a pic of my 4 current LP's. The brown one used to be an alpine white 2013. Couldn't stand the color, so now it's stained and dyed, and is wearing satin nitro. It sounds like it looks, dark and mean... A growling beast!

Attached Files:

2. Miguello

Miguello Junior Member

The seller/trader has blocked out all but the FN on the serial, so fairly difficult to get a year model.

3. Miguello

Miguello Junior Member

Nobody eh? Oh well. Finally saw the serial number. I sat up and looked closer at the screen from a different angle, and BARELY made it out.

FN02050067

Guitar dater only says Korea, with no plant mentioned... Given the low production number in May, I guess it's safe to assume that it was built early on for the 2003 model year?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

5. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

:thumb: