Finally got Lincoln Brewster patches for HD500!!

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by b-squared, Jul 31, 2011.

1. b-squared

b-squared Banned

So today I get an email from Norm Stockton, Linc's bass player. He sent me Linc's main tone for the HD500.

I tweaked it just a bit for me, adding noise gate and volume pedal. Sounds incredible--I loaded it on the Line 6 Customtone site.

BB

Orange Lester and GrouchyDog like this.
  2. GrouchyDog

GrouchyDog Senior Member

Outstanding!!! LB is a fantastic musician - have fun!

3. CC53

CC53 Member

Hmm...I wonder if this is the same Lincoln that was from Homer Alaska.If it is,his mom used to come sing with my band and I let him sit in when he was about 14.Is he a well known guitar player now?If you would...would you mind asking the bass player to ask Lincoln if he remembers Curtis Cunningham?

4. axslinger

axslinger Senior Member

He played with Steve Perry as well, before he went CC. Helluva geetar player. :dude:

5. Jessenoah

Jessenoah Senior Member

We do a ton of Lincoln's stuff @ my church, and he is a great player and a good guy, but all of these church guys doing strats into line6 modeling amps really gets on my traditional nerves :D

It seems like I am the only guy (at any of the 3 churches I help at) who does the guitar->amp thing anymore! :eek:

6. tailtwister

tailtwister Junior Member

That's him.

Welcome To Lincoln Brewster's Official Site

7. Jeepjones85

Jeepjones85 Junior Member

I think I found your Lincoln patch at custom tone, just to make sure did you say "I got this patch direct from Norm Stockton, Linc's bass player. I added noise gate and volume pedal, and tweaked the gain a tad. Killer sound."
    I found that in the comments box at custom tone. I'm excited if you did because I just sold my pod x3 live and bought the hd 500!
    I tweaked the delay and reverb on my x3 and I loved the way it sounded, and I'm going to need something close to that sound untill I learn how to work my new toy :) since I'll be leading the youth band at our church I'll have to get this ball Rollin lol
    Thanks again

8. Orange Lester

Orange Lester Senior Member

I play CC and having this patch is awesome! Thanks! ~peace

9. b-squared

b-squared Banned

Glad you guys like it...yes, that's the patch I loaded. :D

BB

10. b-squared

b-squared Banned

I might start using my Landry amp at church, but will probably do the 're-amp' thing with it...it's just too loud on the stage.

I agree though--CC music (guitar-wise) is kind of sounding the same these days. :D

BB

switchback likes this.
  11. Jeepjones85

Awesome ! Thanks:)

12. jordans0nly

jordans0nly Senior Member

Hey B, is the HD500 worth picking up? Mic'ing my amp at church is, well, right now a pain. Our stage is pretty small, so my cab is almost on our Worship leader's back, plus the floor monitor is right in front of him. I'm looking at a Tech 21 amp or the HD500, which would be great either way since both have XLR outs.

What's the ease of use on the HD500?

13. b-squared

b-squared Banned

To be honest, I went back to my X3Live. The HD500 is a great machine, but the patches LB is using now aren't doing it for me. Just personal preference, I guess.

I'll probably sell my HD500 and get another X3, so if you decide to buy one see me first, I'll give you a good deal on it. :D

As for your question (ease of use), it's a pretty straightforward device, and is really easy to edit using your computer.

BB

14. jordans0nly

jordans0nly Senior Member

Have a PM!

15. Jeepjones85

What are his main patch ch on the hd500 ? I didn't want to download all his patches just the main ones on my hd lol last time I downloaded his patches it revamped almost all my x3 patches lol

16. switchback

switchback Senior Member

This is so true, I have followed CC music for nearly 30 yrs and we have a hard time keeping things edgy on the forefront and original. Take Adam Again for instance where are these type groups or the Seventy Sevens ?? We just kinda fall down the top forty hole and get lost in the commercial music vortex. Not to say there aren't any good songs, its just that it all begins to sound the same :shock:

17. FenderBender01

FenderBender01 Junior Member

Could you upload or send me the stock file that Norm sent you?

18. bwatkins79

bwatkins79 Junior Member

Hey im new to the forum. i would love to get my hands on this patch however I didn't see a spot to download, would you help me out!

thanks