Fender the Ventures Model Stratocaster 50th anniversary MIJ

Discussion in 'Fender' started by Hydra19, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Hydra19

Hydra19 Senior Member

hello,

anybody know anything about those black Ventures model Strats and Jazzmasters from the 90's? I have a chance to buy the Ventures Strat but there's hardly any info on these guitars out there?

What would be a good price for a Fender Ventures Model Stratocaster? They are black with gold hardware and blocks and binding on the neck.

I'm looking for a Stratocaster because I don't have one but am worried this model might be to rare and different to cop the classic Strat tones.
    On the other hand, I do play the Ventures tunes on all my guitars, including Les Pauls so it'll probably be unbeatable for that.

Thanks in advance for any info...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Crotch

Crotch Members Only Premium Member

3. DarrellV

DarrellV Derl Ver.... ERMAHGERD!.........It's a Nerlin! Silver Supporter Premium Member

That's the nice thing about Fenders. If you don't like something, you can change it.

I'm confused by how you are thinking a Strat won't sound like a Strat.... LOL!! It can't help it!

They look like Lace Sensors and I'm pretty sure the Ventures never played through those.

But again, if you don't like, you can swap them out for some fat 50's or 57' 63's for classic vintage sound.

I have used these and I love the sound of them.

If you can play it and it feels good and is set up nice that's the whole battle right there.

If you get something rare and collectable, that's a bonus!

Personally, I think it looks really sweet!

I like the bound necks and would like to own one myself someday!

@Crotch sold my other one out from under me a year back....:laugh2: JK mate! :cheers2:

Crotch likes this.
  4. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Now this is one of the few Fenders that fit perfectly in my stable.....:drool:

5. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

I really like it, alot. From someone who has a few Fender Japan guitars, I would enjoy keeping that one for myself.
    Hopefully everything works out for you. Josh

6. Hydra19

Hydra19 Senior Member

Ended up getting a 2006 Custom Shop 1960 relic for the same price. The Ventures model has poly finish, lace sensors, and is ash with rosewood, I felt I was getting better specs with the custom shop strat, I don't think I could jive with the lace sensors, CS60 pickups are also quite unique and get good reviews
    [​IMG]