Fender factory Tour

Discussion in 'Fender' started by FLICKOFLASH, Mar 31, 2007.

1. jonesy

jonesy GLOBAL WIRING GURU MLP Vendor

How times have changed ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nswcAPvH0P8[/ame]

Sp8ctre, joff, jcsk8 and 1 other person like this.
  2. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

Actually i like this video so very much, it is a great look at how it was done and to do a correct replica of a strat.

I still feel that any luthier that cuts s strat or tele body with a CNC machine and continues by hand it still cheating at the step, so it is not a true vintage replica.

3. ACELUEK

ACELUEK ACE FREHLEY'S BASTARD SON

I toured the Fullerton factory in the 70's. Now I live a mile from the Corona plant, drive by it everyday to work.. They do not give tours..

4. Longboots

Longboots Senior Member

how do you get a job in place like these ? I guess you do not have to know anything about guitar, but s good craftsmanship skills? I wonder if these factory workers even care about music or guitars in general. The company will teach you all about guitars I guess.

5. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Junior Member

This video is epic, I just discovered it recently myself. Watching that guy on the band saw made me cringe!

6. Verne Bunsen

Verne Bunsen Junior Member

I sent this video to my dad and he had a pretty good take on that very question: These guys probably spent years cutting rifle stocks out of oak to kill fascists, so guitars was a walk in the park!

7. Zack

Zack Senior Member

whats the difference between a made in america and a made in mexico?
    ones made in mexico by mexicans and the other is made in america by mexicans

1 person likes this.
  8. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmK_ydiOSZk&feature=related]Fender Factory Tour On Guitar Universe[/ame]

9. MUSTANGCAT

MUSTANGCAT Banned

This is a great thread! I worked at the Fullerton plant on 1300 East Valencia Drive Fullerton, California in 1976-79. Across the street, I remember a Norlin place! I have Fender products from the 70s and, more recent MIM and MIA products. I also have a Pro Junior made in Brea, USA, first edition. Two amps and two guitars from the Fullerton plant are among the Fender goodies I got. If I knew back then what I know now, I would have other gems I let slip through my fingers for dirt cheap, compared to todays market prices. Blackface and tweed stuff was around back then at great buys. I turned down two early Mustangs for under $100. One of them had a bitchen tortoise shell pick guard. I remember seeing small original tweed champs for just over $100 back then at a place on Harbor and Commonwealth in Fullerton called Strings and Things. You could buy a brand new silverface champ for about $70 in alot of music stores back then, so in my mind I figured the tweed amp was a rip off for the price! LOL! I believe I have matured and grown in my reasoning since then a bit!

10. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioib9az8dI&feature=related]Billy Gibbons tours the Fender guitar Factory - YouTube[/ame]