Fake "Custom" ?? on the Bay....

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Satch0922, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

yea, we have met his "Tech" before around here. TRUST US! ITS REAL!
    [​IMG]
    get every last red cent back, and stick around here. We will stear you in the right direction.

2. kjlugo

kjlugo Senior Member

He wont admit it, the best thing you can do is what you did, claim your money back.....and trust us here, it is a fake, no doubt.....even the hard case is fake, everything about it is fake.....it's a Gibsun.

Good luck,

3. moff40

moff40 Senior Member

We all know the guitar was a fake, but here's another tell, after the fact... The seller is OK with you killing the sale and getting your money back.

Only someone afraid of a fraud investigation would do that. A legitimate seller would make some kind of stink about it - they'll at least ask that you pay the relisting fee, or something like that, or if they want to be an ass, they'll insist you go through with the sale or report you, or give you bad feedback - something along those lines. But this guy wants no waves, nothing that might cause an investigation of any kind.

Good on you for killing the deal.

4. icu2not

icu2not Junior Member

Man, I sure wish I new about this forum before. I would have posted pics of the guitar here. I definitely will do that next time. The seller still says its a real Gibson!! Oh well, I am just glad to get my money back so that I can start looking for a real one.

5. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

I am sure you can find one for sale here from a reputable member. Good luck, and welcome!:thumb:

6. DarrellRocker

DarrellRocker Senior Member

Wow, how lucky did you get that mylespaul.com saved your butt. How did you find out about this forum in the first place, between placing your winning bid and yesterday? I really hope he doesn't relist it. You should keep an eye on his listings and be sure and report it if he ever puts it back up on ebay.

Scammers are ALL OVER THE PLACE on ebay and the net. China has some manufacturers that make guitars that say Gibson on the headstock, and claim it is genuine, and they're $320. It's a sad thing.

Def. post a link to any future guitars you may bid on here, so those of us who own real Gibsons can tell you if it's real or not. People here have good eyes. Most better than me. There's also a lot of fake Epiphines out there to watch out for, too.

7. icu2not

icu2not Junior Member

Thanks alot!! It's pretty crazy the way I found out about this forum. I had told a friend at work about the guitar and he asked me if I made sure it wasn't a fake. That got me thinking about it and so I started searching the interent about fake Gibsons and found quite a bit of stuff. One of the sites I clicked on actually brought me to this forum. I almost crapped my pants when I saw the guitar I just bought!! It was frickin' crazy! ! I am so glad I did though. That was alot of money to lose.

8. DarrellRocker

DarrellRocker Senior Member

Well, it's a good thing you found us! That would be weird to find the guitar you just bought, and to read us on here saying "I feel sorry for the poor dirt bag that just bought that $200 guitar for $1700, thinking it was real!"

9. Joeydego

Joeydego your mom is a nice lady V.I.P. Member

10. thedevilsgingerbeard

thedevilsgingerbeard Junior Member

Wow, icu2not, that was a close call. For the money you want to spend there are a few great guitars for sale on this site, you have probably seen already.

I cannot imagine the feelings you had when you saw your new purchase on the screen and all us saying it's a dud! :shock:

I hope it all works out and you get all your money back. Keep us informed! :D