F/S: 2013 Gibson Custom Shop Wildwood Spec Featherweight R9

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by DADF#AD, Sep 13, 2017.

1. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Senior Member

It is with a heavy heart that I am putting my 2013 Gibson Custom Shop Wildwood Spec Featherweight R9 up for sale. Recent sudden financial circumstances have forced this decision and I must place my family needs before my own. I may be selling other equipment in the near future as well. So this fine instrument is now available to a lucky forum member. It is indeed a fine playing & sounding R9. It has excellent resonance & the gloss lemon burst finish on this guitar is simply outstanding. It is not chambered but in fact, a solid body guitar w/carefully selected woods that bring this guitar down to an amazing shoulder saving 7.98 lb! Respectfully, no trade offers, please.

I waited a long time to find my "Holy Grail" guitar and acquired it only this past May. It was to be my "forever" guitar but circumstances have a way of ambushing you sometimes and well....

Some of you may remember it here on the forum. It is my favorite of any of the guitars I've ever played and has been carefully treated. When not played in my smoke free, climate controlled home, it is always wiped down after playing and stored in its custom shop case. No gouges, scratches, dings or damage on this one. I don't think that the previous owner(s) have played it much at all, as it has virtually no play wear. It has the typical 2013 light neck bleed to the binding. Other than that, it's a realistic 9.9/10.

The specs from the Wildwood Guitars website:

From the Gibson Custom Shop and Wildwood Guitars comes the latest incarnation of the Wildwood Spec Les Pauls! For these spectacular guitars the necks, fingerboards, bodies, tops, and even the small Mahogany wings that glue to the headstock, have been painstakingly and carefully hand-selected to utilize the lightest and most resonant woods available.

Site: http://bit.ly/13pIZBY

Greg Koch: http://bit.ly/Tyw4El

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/11aLDN5

Serial Number: 932222

Brand: Gibson Custom Shop

Model: Historic Featherweight Wildwood Spec 1959 Les Paul Gloss

Finish Color: Lemon Burst

Finish Type: Gloss

Weight: 7.98 lbs

Top Wood: Carved Figured East Coast Maple

Body Wood: Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany

Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany Neck

Neck Shape: Early '50s Rounded

Neck Dimensions: .900 1st - 1.000 12th

Fingerboard: 1-Piece Rosewood

Fingerboard Radius: 12"

Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoids

Frets: 22

Scale Length: 24.75"

Width at Nut: 1 11/16"

Frets: 22

Headstock: Holly Veneer

Binding: Slightly Darker Single-Ply Cream on Top and Neck

Pickups: Gibson Custom Buckers wound to Wildwood Spec, CTS Pots and Bumble Bee Capacitors

Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone; 3-way Toggleswitch with Thin Washer & Jackplate

Hardware : Nickel

Bridge: Gibson ABR-1 Bridge and Gibson Lightweight Aluminum Stoptail with Tone Pros Long Studs and Anchors

Tuners: Kluson "Deluxe"

Case: Gibson Custom Hardshell

COA: Yes

A demo by Greg Koch w/this exact guitar can be found here:

Included in the sale is the Gibson Custom Shop case & all case candy as well as the COA. I'm asking $5300. shipped & insured CONUS PayPal only for MLP members. Buyer covers PP fees. It will be well packed as are all of the items that I ship. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll try to answer ASAP. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Some pics from the previous owner ( I hope you don't mind) until I put a few more detailed pics up later tonight.

IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1281.JPG IMG_1282.JPG IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1284.JPG IMG_1285.JPG IMG_1286.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Metlking likes this.
  2. ledlover2

ledlover2 Senior Member

3. jdmp

jdmp Member

Look great. Nice top and equally nice fingerboard. GLWS!

4. KS 5150

KS 5150 Senior Member

Sorry to hear you have to sell your baby, but totally understand....It's beautiful, GLWS :thumb:

5. mcgeorge

mcgeorge Senior Member

MAN! That is beautiful. GLWS

6. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Senior Member

Thank you, guys. She's a beauty and looking for a new home!

7. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Senior Member

Bump up. I've now placed this guitar on Reverb & my local Craigslist but I will drop my asking price to $5300. shipped & PPed to another forum member. If purchased via Reverb, let me know who you are here and I'll honor your price drop.

8. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Senior Member

9. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Senior Member

Bump up. She REALLY needs a new home. Everyone should have some citrus in their guitar collection!

10. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Senior Member

Wednesday bump...