Everything G0 - Guitar Center Exclusive 1960 Reissue Les Paul

Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by Guitarhack, Jun 22, 2012.

1. glorioso

glorioso Senior Member

I don't know about the COA but it can't be much. I payed less than $3k for mine and I own 3. My guess is about $2500-$2800 depending on condition. I had an offer to buy one for $2400 recently from a guy who had 2 and I bought one. $2400 is a great deal but I don't need another. Be patient as they pop up every now and then. Check EBay for sold items and you will get an idea as well too. Search G0.

Newer may cost more as they have bumble bees from 2007 and beyond. Mine are older but I added new pots and caps.

2. Guitarhack

Guitarhack Senior Member

When they were making them, they were (IMHO) the best deal in Custom Shop Les Pauls.

You could get one under 2k (used) - my baby up above.

They haven't been in production for a while now so the number in circulation have gone down. Just doing a quick search I found 3 in the 3k range and one very reasonably priced in the low 2k range.

No COA is absolutely a reason to negotiate a lower price.

3. THDNUT

THDNUT Senior Member

When I bought my G0 new in 2005, GC was advertising them for $2699. I was in Des Moines, IA on business and stopped into the GC there. I fell in love with my Takburst and the manager quoted me a OTD price of $2800 so I bought it. I think that works out to $2580 + tax for the guitar.

Since it was my first Historic LP I had no idea what case or case candy was supposed to come with it. I didn't even know what a COA was, and consequently I didn't get one with mine. :mad:

I did receive the black CS TKL case and all the case candy except for the COA. Live and learn I guess. :rolleyes:

4. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it wasn't for you fellas and the threads on the G0's I'd still be wondering what the deal is with my serial number! I picked this one up locally on Christmas Eve after quite the "Historic" search. It's great so far but it might get some new pickups. Previous owner had the back of the neck sanded at Glasers which I couldn't care less about, feels nice though.

5. glorioso

glorioso Senior Member

All 3 of mine have SD pickups. One has SH-18 (Whole Lotta), one has Antiquities and the last has Pearly Gates. What year is it? Pre 07 doesn't have bumble bees so I installed those as well. 2 have coil/phase and the antiquities are OOP.

GREAT PURCHASE!

6. deytookerjaabs

I have no idea what year it is and neither did the previous owner, might have to shoot an email over to the custom shop. All I did so far was a little fret cleaning and new strings, the only thing I gathered from that is I'm guessing the tailpiece is Aluminum as it's comparatively light as heck. I'm guessing the PU's are just the stock burstbuckers.

7. hackenfort

hackenfort Premium Member

I just loved these guitars and they were priced right too. My only complaint, GC seemed to always either loose or have the wrong paperwork for the guitars. But that typically would knock the price down a little bit more.

8. glorioso

glorioso Senior Member

The first. number is the year. I have 2 '05's starting with 5 and an '06 starting with 6

9. deytookerjaabs

Thanks, that'd make it an '09 then, mine also has the "bumblebee" caps and weighs in at 8.6lbs.

10. Jcolmn

Jcolmn Member

There is an '04 for sale at sam ash used for a reasonable price.

11. eeprete

eeprete Senior Member

believe that one sold. One in CA correct?

12. dmoss74

dmoss74 Senior Member

my '08. but it has double cream pafs in it now.

Attached Files:

13. eeprete

eeprete Senior Member

Wow, what is that one on the right? both are fabulous but the one on the right is tugging at my heartstrings!

14. Jcolmn

Jcolmn Member

It was in CA. It may have sold. Sam Ash is not great about removing sold stuff from their web page.

I thought it was still available.

Another should pop up somewhere soon...hopefully

15. Spot

Spot Senior Member

Had my GO for about 5 years now. Played 66 shows with it and though it's showing some road wear it still plays and sounds awesome. This ones a duration piece.

[​IMG]

Only mods are I replaced the bridge pickup with a Wolftone Marshallhead and upgraded the wiring harness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guitarhack likes this.
  16. stupot000923

stupot000923 Junior Member

hi new to this webpage want to add photos of thia awsome guitar i bought help

17. glorioso

glorioso Senior Member

get a photobucket account. load your pics and then you will see a link to the right for that pic. just click it (it will cut automatically) and paste it on your post. click IMG. I just did and pasted below this post. if you move the image in photobucket it will get lost here too. that's why you see pics missing all the time on posts

[​IMG]

18. coldengray

coldengray V.I.P. Member

You used to be able to buy these for $2100 but I looked recently for one to send to Historic Makeover and was surprised to see how much people are asking now.

19. deytookerjaabs

[​IMG]

Nice G0 (replaced tuners & bridge PU) @ CME right now (listed as Gibson Les Paul '60 Reissue). Price dropped to $2750 but they usually take 15% off if you ask, that's a good price IMO. Nice dark board too.

Guitarhack likes this.
  20. Jester

Jester Premium Member

Shhh....I've been tracking that guitar and you're sharing discount secrets! This is a solid deal, especially when you take 15% off.