Every seen a 21 Tone "Jimmy Page" Wiring Harness that's NOT a Rat's Nest?

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Nov 10, 2017.

1. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member MLP Vendor

I hadn't, including the ones that come in Gibson's #2 Signature Les Pauls. ....so I made one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JPPost72 pickup set with 4 conductor wiring, a 21 tone "Page" 50's style wired harness with NOS Cornell-Dubilier PIO caps that were custom made for the aerospace industry and used for the backup control consoles in the Apollo missions, my own varnished glass fiber cambric insulation tubing, full size custom vintage taper CTS push/pull pots and prewired Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch and TRS jack.

It ships color-coded, so the hookup is a breeze - just connect blue-to-blue, green-to-green, red-to-red, etc. and ground the shields and tailpiece. The bare buss wires are clear enamel coated so you don't have to worry about shorts but can maintain the sexy look.

I always like to say when talking about these, Page never used this type of setup on any of the Zeppelin material. ...but many people want it, anyway. I guess some folks like "The Firm" hahaha! ...or just want a million sound options. Coil splits, phase swapping, and series/parallel switching. Not my personal style of guitar setup, I'm a simple guy who likes 2 conductor pickups, 4 knobs, and 50's style wiring. ...but a thing worth doing is worth doing to a degree that has never before been seen.

Enjoy!

2. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

as mentioned on your facebook page, a true work of art you have here.

cooljuk likes this.
  3. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Recovering Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

Yeah I first saw this on Facebook yesterday. James, that is some incredible work your doing there! It's a friggin work of art.

cooljuk likes this.
  4. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

Damn right! "Satisfaction Guaranteed" is a fantastic tune, best stripper song ever IMHO.

cooljuk likes this.
  5. cooljuk

Confession: I hate that I love using this setup.

This makes me question everything I've known about myself.

I've wired them up for others before, but never in 50's style wiring and, somehow, never with my JPPost72 set, which is one of my personal favorite pickup sets, probably my absolute all around favorite. Kinda like EL-34s, I often go to different setups for a while but always find myself coming back. Sumunabich. I think I need another Historic. Why did I have to crank it?!?!

6. Filipem

Filipem Senior Member

Where does one buy this? Do you have s website?

cooljuk likes this.
  7. cooljuk

Several links in my signature. The main retail site is www.re-wind.net, though you won't see this particular harness there. It's a custom order. Pricing will depend on the caps, if you are also getting pickups, and other options so please reach out to discuss. info@re-wind.net or call me directly at (202) 246-0147.

You can find more photos of this harness, as well as much much more of my work than I can possibly fit on my retail site, in my photo gallery here: http://re-wind.net/risa/

Thanks for the interest! Looking forward to talking with you.

James

8. Alligatorbling

Alligatorbling ★AstroCat★ Premium Member V.I.P. Member MLP Vendor

i still cant get over how neat and sleek that harness is. incredible!

DADGAD likes this.
  9. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

The rats nest thing was somethjng that put me off of the 21 tone thing but this is so clean. Military clean.

cooljuk likes this.
  10. Al Walker

Al Walker Senior Member

That, my man, is nice work!

cooljuk likes this.
  11. lemmy loud

lemmy loud Senior Member

Wow. I would cut a clear lexan cover for the back so people could look in on that electro-art!
    Very nice!
    :cheers2:

DADGAD and cooljuk like this.
  12. cooljuk

Thanks, fellas! The compliments are much appreciated.

You know, I was thinking about getting an LP to put one of these in, after reluctantly finding some real love for it during testing, and figured that if I do I would get something very #2 like and make it a Page #2 replica. I have the switches to put under the pick guard, too, but always understood that, on the original, those two switches were redundant switches for the coil split push/pulls. ...that's no fun.

Well, I have a new idea for that. I think I will make one of them throw both humbuckers' coils into parallel with themselves. So each individual humbucker is in parallel (rather than the series way that a typical humbucker is wired up). For the other, I can make it a "coil swap" so that when the pickups are in split coil mode, it reverses which coil is being used. So "slug only" or "screw only" would be available on each pickup. Also, "inside coils" and "outside coils" would also be possible.

Can you imagine? As if 21 tones and the infinite possibilities of 50's wiring aren't enough, right?! Well, a thing worth doing is worth doing in great excess, right? :D

Alligatorbling likes this.