EV RE20 "Babby Rattle" Repair

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by kfowler8, Feb 14, 2017.

1. winding-coils

winding-coils Junior Member

Well done! I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner, but @kfowler8 I have to applaud your efforts. & @DarrellV for the extended hand in helping.

I'm willing to repair your mic for you for no charge as this was a very entertaining if yet a bit scary read for me, it's not easy is it?

This is not an invitation for others to rip their mics apart thinking I will fix them for free :cheers2:

Please email me if you haven't already paid for a repair at EV

Ben

2. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Hi Ben. Thanks for the offer but I ended up sending it back to EV. So basically got a new mic. Wasn’t the deal I was hoping for but it worked out. It was tedious but fun. I’d try it again.

3. DarrellV

DarrellV Derl Ver.... ERMAHGERD!.........It's a Nerlin! Silver Supporter Premium Member

Wow! :welcome: to the forum!

Are you gonna stick around? I'm thinking the folks in the Recording section will like to talk with you! @Freddy G just did an awesome ribbon mic rebuild that sounded , well, invisible! :wow:

Thanks for the honorable mention... I love to tinker myself!:cheers:

Sorry i deleted the pics and diagrams from this thread, I figured it was dead and i needed the space on the old forum software...Dang!:facepalm:

Hope we can chat in the future! :thumb:

4. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Yeah I’ve got a malfunctioning CAD M179 that I need to troubleshoot. Haven’t got around to posting clips.