Ernie Ball VP JR's Broken String Club Band

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Fuggle, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Fuggle

Fuggle Member

I'm the newest member.

I was on stage at my church this morning, playing a song that relies heavily on sweet ambient swells, when...yeah. At first I was perplexed - why are all the notes coming in sudden and loud? After I realized what had happened, I attempted to teach myself volume swells using the guitar's volume pot. A live performance isn't really the ideal setting to undertake this, but I was able to fumble through the set. I guess I was lucky the string broke in the "toe down" position.

No real questions in this thread, other than why would an otherwise solidly constructed pedal utilize a string instead of a rack and pinion. I guess I'm just looking for fellow sufferers to commiserate with. I ordered a Boss FV-30H as a replacement. Just sucks to go to bed $99 poorer...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. Who

Who are you? Who who who who.... Premium Member

There's a dozen YouTube videos on how to replace the string. Must be a popular thing to break.

It's the "Gibson headstock" of the pedal world!

Mockbel likes this.
  3. tzd

tzd Senior Member

Mockbel and Fuggle like this.
  4. Fuggle

Fuggle Member

Well, my new Boss volume pedal arrived yesterday, just as I realized that I'd paid for GC's Pro Coverage on my VP JR when I bought it a year and a half ago. I could have just swapped it out for a new one. :doh:

I guess I'll send the Boss back, and go get me a fresh VP JR. This will teach me to jump the gun on pedal purchases!

Mockbel, Who and tzd like this.