Eric Clapton Sig

Discussion in 'Fender' started by MichaelAndrew3435, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Tiboy

Tiboy Senior Member

letangclan likes this.
  2. letangclan

letangclan Premium Member

I've owned both the Clapton USA signature and CS models. Both are great strats. I really dig the pickups and the boost. Have you ever played one? If not I would recommend go play one as not many people like the vintage frets, but are great once you get used to them. If you are in the states Guitar Centers always have the signature models in stock and if you're lucky your GC has a platinum room to test a CS.

For me the Clapton strat is my favorite strat and I would say maybe even my favorite guitar.

Here are a couple of videos from Greg Koch, hopefully this helps you decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJZFOr0HQrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftcIQnbP3mU

MichaelAndrew3435 likes this.
  3. MichaelAndrew3435

MichaelAndrew3435 Premium Member

Is there a difference in pickups between the two?

4. letangclan

letangclan Premium Member

I dont think there is but some have said Fender uses different vintage noiseless pups for the CS models. That could well be false, I have no idea. I had a pewter signature that sounded as good as my CS.

5. wavemagnet

wavemagnet Senior Member

The late 2000's production Clapton to me, seem to be the best ones. The necks are a better quality of maple and the guitar is usually 8lbs or less. I think they stand up to any current CS Clapton so are a real bargain. Find one that was well cared for, which isn't too difficult. Most owners seem to take pretty good care of them.

6. Crotch

Crotch Delete My Account Entirely Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

I've had both as well and still do have one CS with another on the way. Can't say enough about these guitars. I'd also like an older one with the Lace setup.

letangclan likes this.