Epiphone Traditional Pro II help...

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Jeremy Kapp, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Jeremy Kapp

Jeremy Kapp Junior Member

Hello, I bought an Epiphone Traditional Pro II

I bought it used and cheap because the four pots have been removed. Can anyone tell me which pots to buy and how to wire this back to original?

It has a 9-volt battery compartment.

I'd like this to be wired perfect if I can find out how it's supposed to be.

Thanks.

2. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

The battery is for an active volume boost. This throws a monkey wrench in determining how to wire this guitar (for me anyway).

I would email Gibson/Epiphone and ask for a wiring diagram, or wait for someone with knowledge about this to chime in. These guitars are relatively new with the boost feature so there may not be many people with experience with it's wiring.

3. Jymbopalyse

Jymbopalyse Senior Member

Your description of the guitar makes me question if you have the original pickups for that guitar.

You bought it cheap. The pots were removed. I bet all the electronics were removed so they could be used in another guitar. If you are trying to return it to original you should check out your pups. And while you're at it, the switch.

I couldn't find a picture of what's in the Trad-Pro II cavity BUT I just got a LP Custom and its entire harness - switch & pickups plug into a pcb with the pots and caps.

I can remove all the electronics WITH OUT a soldering iron. It all just unplugs and pulls out.
    Good luck.

:photos: How about a pic of your LP. The Trad-Pro II have some mighty nice tops.

DarrellV likes this.
  4. DarrellV

DarrellV Murry Chrirstmers to earl! Silver Supporter Premium Member

Ohhh, yeah! Nice turnabout, Jimbo! :thumb: