Epiphone Made in Indonesia (?)

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Raffie.., May 22, 2011.

1. Raffie..

Raffie.. Member

what do ya think about Epiphone which made in Indonesia? (MII)

how is it compared to Chinese made?

have u try it?

2. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference or know the place where it's made, if it wasn't written on the guitar.

I own two Korean, one Chinese and one Indonesian made Epi.

Barcham likes this.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Senior Member

I have three Qingdao, China Epi's and one Indonesian. The Indonesian required the least amount of setup work to get it how I like it, just luck of the draw. The only difference I see is the switch placement is a little off on the Indonesian. You can see it in the following pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Notice how the switch is closer to the neck pickup on the Cherry Burst which is the MiI.

crazylachesis likes this.
  4. Scubaman

Scubaman Senior Member

No idea about Indonesian made LP's but my Indonesian EJ200CE is absolutely flawless inside and out.

5. Vintage55

Vintage55 Senior Member

My 2011 PRO/FX, Indonesian made, is a great guitar..

[​IMG]

6. jrnic

jrnic Senior Member

Also the knob placement is higher on the Indo one. Not that that's a bad thing. I like the way all of them look. All very nice!

7. mockingbird

mockingbird Senior Member

Agree with this. I noticed it too. The knob is closer to the tailpiece.

8. Ricardo X

Ricardo X Junior Member

I recently purchased a MII Epi LP Standard Plus Top in Heritage Cherry Burst. Interestingly, the pickup selector switch is properly located, and not crowding the pickup bezel. The instrument sounds really good, although I really don't get the pull-out volume knob single-coil thing.

The build, fit, and finish are gorgeous. No flaws in the finish. The frets are rather small, which was a pleasant surprise. I wonder how long they'll last. The instrument plays in tune with itself top to bottom. When I change to good strings, the truss rod will require slight snugging, maybe a quarter turn. As is, the guitar is completely playable. Everything is in a straight line that needs to be, and the instrument is heavyish. No rattles or buzzes. This is a very nice axe.

When I do change to good strings, I may have to mind the nut. A folded piece of common printer paper is good for knocking any little burrs off the Delrin nut without altering the groove dimensions. Stubborn burrs may require a small-gauge solid copper wire. I get hinky taking any kind of file near a nut.

The controls all function silently. I am rather astonished this guitar is so good right out of the box. I bought a hard case for it before it left the store. This is a rigid and lively instrument, and I'm glad I seem to have received a good one.