Epiphone Les Paul ES PRO Thoughts

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by badmonkeygtrs, May 14, 2017.

1. badmonkeygtrs

badmonkeygtrs Junior Member

Greetings from Greece,
    new to the forum here. I wanted to ask if you have any thoughts on the Epiphone Les Paul ES PRO. I really like that guitar and i was wondering if anyone owns one. I really like the ES Les Paul style and unfortunately i cannot afford a Gibson. Not sure about the stock pickups though and if i manage to buy it i am thinking of replacing them to something more versatile. Tonewise, i am really into Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin, Alex Lifeson/Rush etc but i actually play a lot of different styles.
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. Rocco Crocco

Rocco Crocco Senior Member

Epiphone make great guitars. It sounds like you like some heavier music, and the ES les Paul being a hollowbody, it is probably prone to feedback and may not be the guitar for you.

I have the Les Paul Florentine Pro... it is not a full hollowbody, but it is chambered and has F-holes on the top, so it looks similar to the ES, but is much less prone to feedback. Very lightweight.

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Paul/Ltd-Ed-Les-Paul-Standard-Florentine-PRO.aspx

3. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

I'll also chime in to comment on how much I like my Epi Florentine Pro. And, yes, being that it is only a partially hollow body Les Paul, it is very sweet blending of a Les Pauls sound with a blend of more resonant chime. I really like Epi's ProBucker Pickups and have no need to swap them. I can just about get any sound I need with my Helix. My Avatar image is a cropped shot of the Wine Red Florentine Pro as I was unboxing it and before I removed the labels from the pickup covers. This guitar has become one of my favorite Les Pauls. If I did not also have a Heritage Cherry Sunburst Les Paul PlusTop Pro, I'd probably grab the Epi LP ES Pro. Once Epi adds more color choices to the LP ES models, I might be in trouble. ;) And, if they update the ES 339 with ProBuckers, I'll have a tough choice.