Epiphone Inspired By 1955

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by JTM45, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

Thanks so much for the info. I would love a black custom, but I'm not sure I would get along with a neck that big. Maybe I will take my chances and return it if I don't. I'll need to think about it.

2. sasquatch

sasquatch Premium Member

You had better be into fat bats for sure
    just so you know this lil beater ain't joking

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  3. PierM

PierM Black & Gold Premium Member

I would try it before to worry about. Honestly, it's one of the most comfy necks I have over here. It's fat, but rounder, so unless you are a shredder and/or you have very small hands, it's a pleasure to play.

Could also be that the new production, post 2016, have a smaller profile. That other guy was saying his 55 has a '59 profile, which is not really what I do have over here. Mine is one of the first batch they produced, could be that those where the only with the baseball bat profile.

Roxy13 likes this.
  4. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

My 83 SG had a big neck, but it's also been gone from my life for 20 years. In the meantime all my guitars had the 60s profile. I got a LP Traditional 2 months ago and there has been some adjustment. However, going even bigger than that, I'm kind of leery. And from the looking at this Epi online the stores are selling the heck out of them so it doesn't seem like I could get a chance to try it out first. Maybe SW would let me preorder but try it out in person first before I take it.

5. sasquatch

sasquatch Premium Member

It's more my own thing
    I'm getting arthritis it seems, and this bugger wants to wear me out after some time
    sending me grabbing for the 335
    which fits me hand like the little glove it is

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  6. Roxy13

Roxy13 Senior Member

Arthritis/carpal tunnel is my issue as well.

7. gsmacleod

gsmacleod Senior Member

I just recently got one but it is the fattest neck on any of my guitars. FWIW I have a Bonamassa Goldtop, '57 Jr Reissue, '59 and '60 Standards. It is closest to the :jb: but still chunkier.

Shane

Roxy13 likes this.